At bp, we're striving to meet the growing global demand for safe, sustainable, and affordable energy. A career in digital design is an opportunity to grow and deliver innovation at pace while shaping the future of bp.
Our bphxd (Human Experience Design) team is passionate about designing for a digital and sustainable future and putting humans at the heart of design. As part of the team, you’ll be transforming bp to a more efficient business that makes the best possible use of all its resources in pursuit of our net zero ambition. You’ll also help to develop new businesses, products, and services, delivering progressive projects and growing your talent in all kinds of new and exciting ways within the digital heart of bp.
We are looking for a We are looking for a Digital Design Principal to join our fast-growing team, to partner with the VP, Digital Customer Success to drive and connect all Design activities across our internal digital products and services, optimizing shared insights and collaboration across the organisational unit. This person will be an inspirational people leader that really cares about developing and getting the best out of our design talent.
- Working closely with the VP, Digital Customer Success to lead in all things Design by collaborating closely with teams
- Build the team for today whilst maintaining and working towards a future-state of Design excellence
- Implement the processes and ways of working through which Design will be executed
- Establish a benchmark of consistent and reusable standards of Design
- Employ empathy towards key stakeholders
- Work alongside Portfolio Leads, Product Managers, Product Owners, Service Owners and input directly into their commercial and technical roadmaps
- Oversee designers from various agencies
- Continually refining process leading to optimal efficiency
- A key contributor in thought leadership around the Design discipline
- Establish direct reports, mentorship team wide and provide pastoral care to all team members
- Become the key member of the team in recruiting global top talent into BP
- Host and organise digital networking events
- Share success stories from the team to the wider organisation
- Demonstrate how Design can contribute to significant cost-savings and ROI
- Ladder-up the Design team to the wider strategic pillars (Efficiency and cost savings, better customer outcomes, Net Zero, Flawless execution, financial prudence)
- Be involved in portfolio planning.
- Must have: Bachelor's Degree; preference for Human Computer Interaction, Service Design, or Computer Science; or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in using all design tools such as Adobe, Sketch, Figma, Invision and Zeplin.
- Customer Experience Design or Service Design experience – must have significant experience of end-to-end customer experience design and customer journey mapping.
- Experience working as a Design lead with an in-house Design team or at a Design agency.
- Experience of leading a wide range of team sizes.
- Knowledge of Agile or Lean UX or product methodologies and experience working in a collaborative, agile environment, experience working with dev/ops teams for product management.
- A portfolio that highlights your approach to problem solving coupled with your skills in service design, research, user experience, and design (both visual and interaction).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.