At bp, we have only one thing on our minds: the energy of tomorrow. We want to reimagine energy so that we are climate neutral by 2050 at the latest. And so that the world can be as well. To achieve this, we are rethinking energy and relying on the expertise and passion of our 70,000 employees worldwide, 4,600 of them in Germany. Every day, with the products and services of our bp, Aral and Castrol brands, they ensure energy and mobility for millions of people - today and in the future.
The Discipline Lead role was created as part of Reinvent bp. The intention is to ensure functional excellence and provide leadership and coaching to those in the delivery line. For Site Projects, this shows up as ensuring compliance with project process, as well as supporting continuous improvement in ways of working.
Also, the Discipline Lead will lead, coach and support Project Managers and Project Professionals in application of all relevant practices as well as supporting ongoing career progression.
The role is part of a wider group of Project Management Discipline Leads across all refineries and entities, delivering a global agenda as a community, by deploying best practice and performance managing against that.
- Provide coaching in project management technical excellence to Project Managers and Project Engineers to ensure best in class project delivery
- Integrate the Project Management discipline with other disciplines in the business to maximize the combined value of the project slate being delivered.
- Focus on, and continuously improve ways of working with global Site Projects Discipline team to ensure all project work is delivered optimally.
- Encourage employees to pursue personal development goals and grow technical and leadership capability of the organization to build sustainable succession plans.
- Lead Integrated Stage Gate Review (ISGR) for all Site Projects following PCP, in Define and Execute stages to ensure compliance with the process.
What we offer:
- University degree in Engineering, relevant discipline and /or 15+ years relevant experience (engineering, project engineering / management, construction engineering / management) in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Significant depth and proven Project Management experience throughout the full project life-cycle.
- One team mind-set; demonstrates an understanding of the value of, and ability to develop, high quality and trust-based relationships within the wider organisation as well as outside of bp
- Strong leadership skills, ability to influence and drive decisions
- Passion for coaching and developing individuals and teams striving for best in class performance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- bp stands for agile working in a digitalised, team-oriented and international working environment
- Flexible and mobile working as well as 30 days of annual leave
- Attractive compensation package (company pension scheme, bonus and share programme, Aral fuel card, group accident insurance, various special benefits)
- International career and development opportunities as well as extensive internal and external training opportunities
- Structured onboarding programme and buddy support
- Subsidised canteen as well as hot drinks and water for free
- Commitment to society: bp doubles the donations made privately by employees to charitable organisations and rewards voluntary time commitment
- Employees can offset their personal carbon footprint; bp doubles this amount
- Programmes to improve the work-life balance