Responsible for delivering deal origination and execution, including agreements and complex structured transactions, providing deal assurance, driving new and existing business growth, leveraging BP's customer base, cross bench offerings and structured products, and building strategic relationships in support of these activities to maximise value.
Our purpose is to bring together people, energy and markets to power and navigate a changing world.
In a time of constant change and possibility we need new talent to pursue commercial opportunities, motivated by best-in-class insight and expertise. We’re always striving for more innovative digital solutions, sustainable outcomes and closer collaboration across our company and beyond, and you could be part of that too. Together we continue to grow as the world’s leading energy company!
Experience and skills required
- Develops and leads negotiation strategies to deliver commercial and operational agreements and sophisticated transactions, creating optimisation and cross-commodity sales opportunities where appropriate, in the Americas distillates markets (diesel, jet, marine fuel, bio/renewable diesel, base oils) with particular focus on U.S.
- Drives business development (prospecting, originating and implementing), working with and in support of Distillates traders, by identifying, appraising, optimising, developing and closing transactions that add flexibility and optionality to the portfolio
- Provides deal assurance by ensuring transaction structures, execution options, negotiating and relationship management tactics, risks, rewards and resources are considered, defined and evaluated
- Maintains full understanding of how each new business opportunity impacts the trading exposure associated with the existing portfolio
- Builds and maintains strategic relationships with internal teams and external parties including customers, government bodies and regulators
- Uses deep market knowledge and relationships to drive intel of market events and activities
Experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred
- Strong background in delivery of strategic commercial deals in oil and gas – with specific evidence of origination of physical flows, logistics optimisation and structured finance
- Ability to work autonomously, while building relationships across bp to ensure active deal management and sponsorship
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and high level of financial understanding
- Strong negotiation capabilities, evidenced by prior commercial deals/transactions in the industry
- Develop relationships with 3rd party financiers (banks, PE, credit funds)
- Experience working closely with trading benches, and cross business and cross region/location teams, as well as drive collaborative opportunities where relevant
- Has implemented longer term (2-5 years) deals in line with their defined strategy across the diesel, jet fuel, marine fuel, or renewable diesel/SAF space
Why join bp
- Experience in renewable and low carbon fuels, including renewable diesel and sustainable aviation fuel, including experience driving regulatory discussions and establishment of environmental credit pathways.
- Strong relationships/network of wholesalers and end users of distillates, and experience successfully marketing distillates to wholesalers/end users to improve value of the products, inclusive of renewable blend components or other environmental attributes.
- Positive relationships/external network with key partners across the logistics business – tankage, pipelines, rail, etc.
- Experience in the base oils and/or used lubricating oil marketing business
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, and excellent retirement benefits, among others!