This position will work within a team based environment and will be responsible for the receipt of goods and raw materials, as well as the picking, staging, and shipment of finished goods. The distribution technician will operate and maintain production equipment in a safe and efficient manner. The position is located at the Warminster, PA plant.
- Operate all packaging and process equipment following documented written procedures.
- Work in a collaborative manner to receive raw materials, package finished products, and ship lubricants in a manner that promotes safety and environmental compliance.
- Follow bp and OSHA standards.
- Operate forklift or other powered equipment in a safe and efficient manner to load, unload, stack and stage product.
- Maintain equipment, materials, and work areas to ensure they are clean, safe, and organized.
- Complete all paperwork to provide accurate records of daily transactions allowing for timely inventory control as well as compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations for shipments.
- Set up and operate machinery to inspect, fill, weigh, label, and pack containers with products and materials.
- Observe operations and inspect packaged items for conformance with specifications.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with production, warehouse, or process experience.
- Qualified to safely operate a forklift.
- Demonstrate basic math skills and understanding of computer programs (i.e. E-mail, Internet, Data Entry, Document Review).
- Be well organized and diligent to details.
- Be a self-starter and highly motivated.
- Able to work unsupervised and demonstrate Safety Leadership.
- Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills we well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be detailed, results oriented and possess a pragmatic approach to solving problems.
- Able to work a flex work schedule as needed and operate well within a changing environment.
- Partnership and team-working - the ability to work with others to make a difference.
- Performance Bias – The ability to work in ways that achieve remarkable performance.
- Taking the lead - The ability and willingness to take the lead when the situation requires.
- Wise Decisions - The ability to make informed and effective decisions.
Considering Joining bp?
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. bp is committed to encouraging an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly. There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, excellent retirement benefits, and more!
This position will work within a team based environment and will be responsible for the receipt of goods and raw materials, as well as the picking, staging, and shipment of finished goods. The distribution technician will operate and maintain production equipment in a safe and efficient manner.