Customers & Products
Job Family Group:
Responsible for delivering the indirect sales strategy and financial performance targets including Sales Volume, Gross Margin and Overdue, managing local distributor partners and intermediaries/resellers in the sales territory or geography, finding prospect partners, coaching distributors and monitoring their financial position to ensure long term sustainable value for the company. The scope of the role will influence the grade – this can include financial accountability, geographical scope, leadership responsibilities and overall level of responsibility.
- The Distributor Business Manager is to manage local distributor partners and develop new distributors in the sales territory or geography. The role is accountable for delivery of the CVO indirect sales strategy and is responsible for financial performance targets including Sales Volume, Gross Margin. The role is also responsible for finding prospect partners in blank regions, coaching distributors, and monitoring their financial position to ensure long term sustainable value for the company.
- Develop and implement territory business plans according to PU business strategy
- Deliver financial performance targets for territory including Volume, Gross Turnover and GM.
- Develop, agree (both internally and externally) and implement the annual business plan with the Distributor / Channel partner, providing permanent support in all areas of its contents, including:
- sales performance including forecasting and reporting – with timely interventions
- sales capability (skills and knowledge)
- customer offer deployment, coverage and satisfaction
- brand representation and compliance
- HSSE and Ethical compliance
- Develop new partners/customers in targeted regions.
- Identify new distributors to cover the blank region in assigned territories.
- Train and develop distributors’ team to quickly catch up and take market share in the targeted regions.
- Lead the fleet business development in the targeted region with value selling skills.
- Ensure the sales tools and system is effectively implemented by distributors in the area.
- Improve and deliver customer experience in targeted sectors and customer groups. Seeking continuous improvement and efficiency in all operations making sure the voice of the customer is represented in every decision we make. Drive standardization of our sales offers in line with basic customer offer.
- Ensure that all activities conducted through 3rd parties or intermediaries in country comply fully with our own CoC and local competition legalization. Ensure compliance with country regulations, BP Group, Segment and regional policies and standards
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Minimum 5 years working experience in distributor sales and management
- Deep knowledge in commercial vehicle spare parts open market is a necessary
- Successful Experience in developing business in new regions
- Track record of delivery of sales targets and performance
- Experience/track record/confidence representing the company externally and dealing professionally with large distributors
- Experience of managing negotiations at senior level
- Willingness to be an individual contributor and working spontaneously and remotely in the region
- Diligent, strong capability of sell out for distributor instead of sell in to distributor
- Strong understanding of commercial truck driver/ workshop/fleets needs.
- Ability to develop and implement strategic and tactical business plans.
- Flexibility of thought and action to be able to respond to changing market environments and dynamic business situations
Why join us?
- At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly. There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life! These benefits can include flexible working options, paid parental leave policy among others!
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Up to 75% travel should be expected with this role
This role is not eligible for relocation
This position is fully remote
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.