Responsible for delivering the indirect sales strategy and financial performance targets including Sales Volume, Gross Margin and Overdue, managing local distributor partners and intermediaries/resellers in the sales territory or geography, finding prospect partners, coaching distributors and monitoring their financial position to ensure long term sustainable value for the company. The scope of the role will influence the grade – this can include financial accountability, geographical scope, leadership responsibilities and overall level of responsibility.
Key Accountabilities :
- Conduct monthly regular robust review of key prospects and accounts at risk with staff and report gain and lost account results internally through the Sales & Operational Planning (S&OP) process.
- Conduct monthly distributor performance reviews, which consist of a robust review of key prospects and accounts at risk and thorough review of Scorecard metrics and performance manage distributors to drive accountability for Castrol sales results. When performance is not at target levels on scorecard metrics, DBM is accountable to create action plan to Region Manager to address the underperformance, identification of actions to close the gap and owns the execution of the action plan.
- Forecast monthly for distributors and direct accounts as part of region’s S&OP demand plan. Forecast process to include analysis and projection on base volume, incremental volumes, new products and adjustments for gain-lost accounts.
- Accountable to monitor in-month performance of distributors and direct accounts and to flag opportunities and vulnerabilities as part of the S&OP process.
- Accountable to manage distributors’ national account delivery for fee performance and ensure product handling, quality and inventory levels are in line with bp’s guidelines.
- Support Castrol Branded Workshop offers and ensure distributor understands offers and Castrol’s approach to direct and indirect sales efforts.
- Act as single point of accountability to ensure distributor is compliant with all HSSE, Product Quality, Brand and Ethical standards.
- Accountable to ensure Turfview accuracy is maintained and that accounts receivables with distributors is current and update to date.
- Provide input into distributor and installer programs and new products and communicate to marketing competitive threats and trends.
- Execute detailed plans and manage sales processes in the region with the focus on acquisition of new customers utilizing the indirect sales model.
- Compliance with bp’s Code of Conduct, Values and Behaviors and HSSE Standards.
- Effective daily use of Salesforce Customer Relationship Management tools to manage all aspects of the account relationship and build sustainable relationships throughout the customer organization, as well as our organization.
- Ensure utilization of our digital tools available to support territory management including the use of Salesforce, Power BI, Tableau, Castrol Insights and TurfView.
- Adopt and utilize the Castrol mindset which is a business where everyone is committed to the growth of our business, to deeply value our customers, to empower our people and to embrace change and challenge the status quo.
Essential Experience and Job Requirement :
- Hold minimum Bachelor's degree (from any discipline)
- Minimum 5 years of sales & marketing experience
- Excellent distributor management knowledge & skills
- Minimum area sales manager or equal from same Industry or FMCG
- Effective leadership skills which embrace change & challenge
- Organizational, planning, budgeting and control skills
- Have a strong business sense, ability to have a clear view of overall business objectives
- Strong ability to complete tasks with time constraints and handle multiple demands/projects
- Possess enthusiasm, perseverance, and a strong desire to succeed
- Handling time and work pressures
- Good initiative with innovative ideas
- Effective communication and presentation skill
- Good analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to influence, motivate & develop others
- Will be placed in Makasar