|Job Purpose||Distributor Managers are the single point of accountability for their associated distributors as it pertains to the volume and scorecard performance. DMs drive results and performance through the execution of key accountabilities described below. |
Ensure that shop signs, consumable tools, trade loans, cash rebates and other kind of investments from company to customers are managed effectively and comply with Castrol Customer Investment Policy & Process.
- Conduct monthly distributor performance reviews, which consist of a robust review of key prospects and accounts at risk and thorough review of Scorecard metrics and performance manage distributors to drive accountability for Castrol sales results. When performance is not at target levels on scorecard metrics, DBM is accountable to create action plan to Region Manager to address the underperformance, identification of actions to close the gap and owns the execution of the action plan.
- Conduct monthly regular robust review of key prospects and accounts at risk with staff and report gain and lost account results internally through the Sales & Operational Planning (S&OP) process.
- Forecast monthly for distributors and direct accounts as part of region’s S&OP demand plan. Forecast process to include analysis and projection on base volume, incremental volumes, new products and adjustments for gain-lost accounts.
- Accountable to monitor in-month performance of distributors and direct accounts and to flag opportunities and vulnerabilities as part of the S&OP process.
- Accountable to manage distributors’ national account delivery for performance and ensure product handling, quality and inventory levels are in line with bp’s guidelines.
- Support Castrol Branded Workshop offers and ensure distributor understands offers and Castrol’s approach to direct and indirect sales efforts.
- Act as single point of accountability to ensure distributor is compliant with all HSSE, Product Quality, Brand and Ethical standards.
- Accountable to ensure Turfview accuracy is maintained and that accounts receivables with distributors is current and update to date.
- Provide input into and propose plans for distributor and installer programs and new products, and communicate to marketing competitive threats and trends.
- Execute detailed plans and manage sales processes in the region with the focus on acquisition of new customers utilizing the indirect sales model.
- Compliance with bp’s Code of Conduct, Values and Behaviors and HSSE Standards.
- Effective daily use of Customer Relationship Management tools to manage all aspects of the account relationship and build sustainable relationships throughout the customer organization, as well as our organization.
- Ensure utilization of our digital tools available to support territory management including the use of TurfView.
- Adopt and utilize the Castrol mindset which is a business where everyone is committed to the growth of our business, to deeply value our customers, to empower our people and to embrace change and challenge the status quo.
|Summary Decision Rights|
- Define the distributors targets, performance metrics and business plans in line with the organization’s objective in line with DoA.
|Job Holder Requirements|
(Minimum education, experience & capabilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study
- Distributor, customer and channel management experience.
- Proven cross functional project management experience and working within multilayers of an organization.
- Proven experience in the execution of marketing programs.
- Experience in the management of programs and offers.
|Skills & Competencies|
- Products & Services Knowledge, Customer Segmentation & Channel Management, Account Strategy & Planning, Customer Relationship Management, Distributor Management, Customer Profitability & Value Chain Understanding, Measuring & Demonstrating Customer Value, Leading Understanding of Contracts & Contract Management, Deal Closure
- Basic Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and computer/ digital system literacy
- Basic written & spoken English fluency