The ROO is an organization that supports the operations of over 200 company owned and over 1,000 franchised convenience retail stores operating under the brands of Thorntons and ampm across the west coast, midwest, and northeast. We are seeking guest-centric leaders with a growth and strategic mindset to help us continue to build the leading convenience retail chain of the future.
The Divisional Sales Manager supports Director of Operations in the areas of sales merchandising, plan-o-grams, and vendor relations with intent to drive transactions, sales, gross profit and overall growth. Additionally, responsible for ensuring the success of the organizations goals and objectives within each store and region across assigned division to execute a consistent team member and guest experience.
Key Deliverables to Achieve C-Store Sales and Gross Profit Budget:
Drive Transactions and Sales (40%)
Drive Profitability (15%)
- Partner with Marketing to co-create sales playbook for peak and promotional initiatives
- Coach and Train RMs/GMs on merchandising presentation, unit growth, and affinity growth
- Coaching GSRs and Leadership on suggestive sell techniques while maintaining speed of service
- Support Local Marketing Initiatives
Ensure Superior Product/DSD in-stocks and Plan-a-gram Integrity (20%)
- Execute weekly sales reporting to include upcoming events and trends
- Provide feedback to the Director of Operations on Direct Reports performance
- Present sales performance results during Monthly P&L and Quarterly Leadership Meetings
- Follow up with managers and team members post training to determine knowledge and proficiency
Drive Speed of Service (15%)
- Work with vendors and store leadership to remove 100% in-stock roadblocks
- Work with Category Directors/Managers on vendor relationships/product assortment
Collaboration between Marketing, Field and DSM Peer Group (10%)
- Serve as a guest advocate focused on our two pillars: fast and in-stock
- Oversee assigned region/stores OSAT surveys and monitor progress
- Utilize Labor Reports to ensure staffing to deliver consistent guest experience
- Partner with Category Mgrs. during annual budget process
- Partner with Impact Planning and Functional Owner on annual sales calendar
- Partner with Sr. Communication Mgr. on initial launch and on-going communications
- Work with Category Directors/Managers on playbook content and facilitate training sessions with RMs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business and/or minimum of 3 to 5 years leadership experience in retail
toward the organization's goals.
- The ability to create a team-oriented environment that inspires and motivates each member
- The ability to communicate and articulate, both written and orally, the organization's objectives to groups and individuals alike, including quality presentations.
- General knowledge of retail accounting, income statements, and basic business math.
- The ability to understand and operate in a dynamic, fast-paced, 24-hour retail environment.
- Basic computer skills
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to travel overnight 2-3 days per week