Reporting to the Drilling Superintendent, the Drilling WSL is accountable for supervising drilling operations at our well sites. Within bpx these individuals are titled Wellsite Leaders (WSL), reflecting the pivotal role in leading all activity, HSE, operations and logistics at the wellsite. Although the work is primarily at the wellsite, some time may be required in the office undertaking operations planning, developing HSE and operational policy, practices and procedures, and project post appraisal.
- The Wellsite Leader will demonstrate a high level of leadership in HSE whilst being accountable for supervising the team of multiple contractors in the safe and efficient implementation of all well site related activities
- The Wellsite Leader will be responsible for scheduling activities and supervising contractors to ensure that work is completed as per the approved completions program and the contractors program and work procedures.
- The Wellsite Leader will provide the onsite active management of the service rig, stimulation, and other well service contractors in compliance with BP policies and legislative requirements
- The wellsite leader will interface with management to ensure that appropriate controls are in place to safely control the work and address simultaneous operations issues
- The wellsite leader will be involved and committed to well planning and learning processes through input into completions and workover procedures, forward programs and active participation in BP's continuous improvement processes
- The wellsite leader will be responsible to provide front line authorization for contractors to provide services and authorize that the work has been completed as per the contract or approved program and to provide operations report and control operating costs
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
To be considered for the role of Drilling WSL applicants must:
- Have 7+ years experience in drilling operations and have previous wellsite supervisory experience
- Have strong HSE leadership and behaviors to lead delivery of safe operations by undertaking regular safety observation tours, safety observation conversations, Time Out For Safety discussions, Task Based Risk Assessments and Toolbox Safety talks.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills demonstrated by an ability to work across multi disciplinary teams and have experience in leading and motivating a team, promoting a team approach to completions and workover operations.
- Effective management of resources (equipment and personnel) relating to drilling operations. -
We offer a reward and wellbeing package to enable your work to fit with your life. How much do we pay (Base)? $127,308-194,567 *Note that the pay range listed for this position is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible base compensation at the time of posting.
This vacancy has been posted internally in accordance with our Talent Acquisition Policy, which expects all employees to be in role for a minimum of 2 years before considering another position.(https://myhr.bp.com/plus/myhr/career/cr-resourcing/Documents/talent-acquisition-policy.pdf)