This role is location independent in Europe.
At BP, we have a results-oriented plan to transform our company by unlocking the power of collaborating as one customer-centric, digital and agile team, passionate about on meeting customers’ needs and delivering products and services fit for today, and a low carbon future. Mobility and Convenience team is an outstanding place where we feel valued for what we do and passionate about our opportunities to develop. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Senior Trading Optimisation Manager will develop and lead ESA’s strategy and transformation programmes relating to Range, Price, Promo, Space, Format, and Trading Support to drive operational excellence, optimisation, and standardisation across the ESA convenience organisation. This role reports in the VP of Convenience and will have input and decide rights on developing the appropriate pricing and promotional tools and models for each country and cluster. Will also have input into annual Trading plan.
In this role the key responsibilities are:
- Develop and lead all ESA Range, Price, Promo, Format, Space, and Trading Support transformation programmes across the region, working closely with country/cluster Trading Managers and the ESA Senior Supply Chain Optimisation Manager
- Convene agile squads as the need arises to support said transformational programmes
- Manage governance and critical metrics of said transformation programmes, working collaboratively with Operations, OpEx, and Procurement
- Deliver consistent category management, price, promo, format, and space/layout processes and ways of working across ESA, and support deployment in country/cluster
- Drive trading excellence and consistency by identifying which tools, systems, and analytics are needed in ESA; setting requirements for what is needed; and working with key partners to develop an implementation plan
- Support development of new formats and layouts to support new offers (e.g. Delivered Convenience, Franchise, Food Service etc.), working collaboratively with the ESA Senior Offer Development Manager and CVP&E
- Act as a key interface to the global CVP&E team by sharing standard methodology and recommending appropriate trading optimisation initiatives by country/cluster
- Ensure new site designs are future-proofed, considering all convenience strategy aspects (e.g. last mile delivery) and supporting bp's wider sustainability agenda
- Support each country/cluster to ensure they have the right people, Trading Optimisation capabilities and development plans
To make this happen, we are looking for:
- 10 year's experience working in a FMCG business
- Commercial experience in a trading environment
- Experienced Team Leader
- Six Sigma or relevant Continuous Improvement qualifications would be a great advantage
- Third-party management, Category management and Offer and Format development experience highly desirable
- Space planning experience is crucial
- Retail operations experience would be much welcomed
- Proficiency in English
At bp, we provide phenomenal environment & benefits such as an open and inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, learning and development opportunities to craft your career path, life & health insurance, medical care package, and many others benefits!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.