An integral part of bp’s transition from an International Oil Company to an Integrated Energy Company is the expansion into electrical vehicle (EV) charging markets in key countries across Europe, USA, and AsPac. Our mission is to help more people and companies transition to electric vehicles by creating the fastest and most convenient charger network.
With active businesses in UK, Germany, US, China, and India – and scale-up plans to really accelerate in Europe, this is an opportunity to join bp at an exciting time with an enviable position in a fast-growing business. You will be at the forefront of the biggest change in the automotive industry for a century, playing an important role as we learn and shape the global EV charging markets.
The Strategy Advisor is a key role working across both our global e-mobility business (bp pulse) and the group strategy team, helping to drive scale and deliver our external market commitments e.g., targeting at least 100,000 charge-points by 2030.
The selected candidate will report into VP Strategy (bp pulse) and help:
- Collaborate with the SVP bp Pulse to build B2B and B2C offers in nascent markets, to shape BD priorities for rapid scale up, troubleshoot implementation and delivery against strategic KPIs
- Support the business on the assessment of specific opportunities e.g., economic evaluation, and investment appraisal on key projects
- Work with the other Strategy Advisors to identify areas of integration across our global portfolio (e.g. hydrogen & renewables)
- Link bp’s strategy with technology insights from the Innovation & Engineering team
- Draw actionable insight from external competitor, policy and market intel
- Prepare for key forums and support development of roadmaps for select countries
Essential Education: Degree or equivalent experience
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Experience in electrification and/or mobility
- Highly numerate, analytical, and adept in building complex models
- Entrepreneurial with ideation and offer creation mindset
- Hands-on who is comfortable with ambiguity and able to create high-quality “first drafts”
- Capable of succeeding in fast-paced environments whilst supporting other colleagues
- Ability to build collaborative relationships in a multicultural – multidisciplinary environment and communicate across a wide band of levels both within bp and externally
- Track record of communicating complex issues to range of stakeholders
- Experience in digital product development, designing customer offers & services and/or retail & convenience
- Start-up exposure, particularly in rapid scale-up businesses
- Experience with OEMs or automotive technology
- Past stint in the US or AsPac markets