At bp, we have only one thing on our minds: the energy of tomorrow. We want to reimagine energy so that we are climate neutral by 2050 at the latest. And so that the world can be as well. To achieve this, we are rethinking energy and relying on the expertise and passion of our 70,000 employees worldwide, 4,600 of them in Germany. Every day, with the products and services of our bp, Aral and Castrol brands, they ensure energy and mobility for millions of people - today and in the future.
This role sits within the Customer & Products – Mobility & Convenience Europe division and will to be working in close partnership with our Aral pulse team.
An integral part of bp’s transition from an International Oil Company to an Integrated Energy Company is the entry of electrical vehicle (EV) charging markets in key countries e.g. Germany, UK, US and China. Our mission is to create the fastest and most convenient charger network in the markets we operate in.
This is an opportunity to join a business with an envious position in a fast-growing business, and ultimately help enable more people to transition to electric vehicles. You will not just be part of the biggest change in the automotive industry for a century - you will be at the forefront of it as we shape the EV charging market in key regions.
The purpose of the Completions Engineer role is to contribute to building a world-class high power charging business through systematic management and documentation of the completions and certification process of execution.
This role interfaces between contractors, manufacturers, DNOs, bp’s HSSE team and bp’s project team to ensure that requirements to support installation and handover to Operations of the infrastructure are in place, of the right quality and managed to completion. This includes the procurement alignment, logistics demands, Quality expectations, construction/commissioning expectations and the tracking and closure of all punchlist/snagging items.
Success is ensuring that the documented completions requirements are captured, assured and approved throughout the stages of work to deliver a quality product, developing and maintaining a strong and beneficial working relationship with all of the relevant stakeholders and assuring the delivery of robust documentation at the end of the Execute stage.
- Play a key role in delivering the EV charge points in Europe that form part of the Aral pulse installation aim
- Ensure readiness to commence Construction and Operations through input into systematic readiness reviews, structured schedule delivery and action tracking / risk assessment to verify alignment with delivery objectives
- Establish, develop, and maintain strong working relationships with the relevant stakeholders relevant to the project needs
- Alignment with established common process/legal requirement to meet the expected delivery criteria
- Support the risk management process across each region
- Coordinate engineering & supplier performance management and technical reporting of near-term progress against long term targets
- Support key engineering management process to maintain the roll out in an efficient and safe manner
- Coordinate stakeholders (internally and externally) around the documented process for completions and handover
- Coordinate the Completions Handover database and tools to support execution needs
- Coordinate the inputs and requirements for completions and certification of key EVSE technology solutions to meet technical and compliance requirements
- Support the continuous improvement of technical practices and processes
- Comply with S&OR rules and support / advise S&OR on specific anticipated move or trends
- Alert the project managers and the and Senior manager Global Engineering on any identified risks within his / her responsibility
- Capture Lessons Learned through engineering and installation delivery and ensure Continuous Improvement throughout our EV deployments
- University degree in a relevant engineering discipline or comparable education/industry experience
What we offer:
- A strong track record in delivery of completions management, and maintaining robust interfaces with large scale contractors and suppliers
- An understanding of the standards and protocols of the industry
- An understanding of industry relevant engineering standards
- A solid understanding of the EV value chain / technologies and necessary infrastructure to support
- Technical and engineering roll out preferably in the EV field
- Project Management of similar power and hardware Projects
- 5-10 years’ experience in large scale engineering projects
- Broad professional experience in engineering and project management delivery.
- Agile Project management
- Fluent German and English language skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- bp stands for agile working in a digitalised, team-oriented and international working environment
- Flexible and mobile working as well as 30 days of annual leave
- Attractive compensation package (company pension scheme, bonus and share programme, Aral fuel card, group accident insurance, various special benefits)
- International career and development opportunities as well as extensive internal and external training opportunities
- Structured onboarding programme and buddy support
- Commitment to society: bp doubles the donations made privately by employees to charitable organisations and rewards voluntary time commitment
- Employees can offset their personal carbon footprint; bp doubles this amount
- Programmes to improve the work-life balance