About the Role:
Want to be part of something Electrifying? bp Pulse Fleet, a wholly owned subsidiary of bp, needs you to help us on our adventure to get to an Electric Future and become NetZero. We’re looking to meet the growing global demand for safe, sustainable, and affordable energy. AMPLY is passionate about redefining the commercial transportation sector by removing the challenges, surprises, and learning curves that fleet operators often face when switching to electricity as a fuel. To do this, we need to rapidly grow our phenomenal team with the best EV authorities out there. You can help us get there, we’re searching for skilled EV experts who are hardworking and curious individuals to join our team to help the world electrify!
The Project Manager will successfully deploy and lead the development of distributed-scale and EV fleet charging projects. As the Project Manager, you will lead all aspects of a diverse portfolio of EV charging depot projects, managing the entire project lifecycle. You will collaborate with all relevant project partners such as customers, contractors, permitting authorities, equipment vendors, and utilities to drive timely and on-budget installations. To be successful in this role, you will need to have experience in project management, the capacity to be responsible for multiple workflows, and the ability to communicate effectively with multiple customer types.
- Lead projects post-Sales to completion, including design, permitting, EPC contracting, construction, utility new service interconnection, commissioning, closeout, and customer acceptance tasks.
- Review design documents, confirming alignment to all required specifications.
- Work with external vendors to review and meet electrical equipment specifications.
- Control project scope of work, preparing detailed written scope documentation for bidding EPC contractors, ensuring matching to contractual commitments while limiting change risks.
- Provide technical mentorship and manage utility new service installations, adhering to the process and requirements of fleet incentive programs.
- Provide effective communication, progress reports, and status updates to all internal and external partners.
- Review and detail pertinent AHJ and utility requirements impacting project scope of work.
- Conduct due diligence on development-stage projects.
- Collaborate with the internal AMPLY team, external vendors, and customers to evaluate site constraints, technology options, variables impacting schedule and cost, and relevant tasks needed for successful project deployment.
- Supervise total project spending accurately, and measure against project budget; anticipate and communicate budget and schedule risks in advance and propose actions to mitigate.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering, energy, or environmental field.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience in project management, preferably in solar PV, energy storage, EV charging, or the energy industry.
- Expertise in full life-cycle development and installation of projects.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously, autonomously manage multiple workstreams, and meet interim project schedule landmarks.
- Experience with and knowledge of utility processes, power systems, distribution, and interconnection of new service installations
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites as needed.