Responsible for providing engineering expertise under the direction of a Project Manager for delivering a substantial subset of a moderately complex project and directing contractors and for cross-discipline coordination with other project team members to ensure the technical integrity of the project and to complete assigned work activities across all phases of the project are delivered in accordance with BP, HSSE, and ethical standards and in compliance with all relevant statutory requirements.
About the Role:
An integral part of bp’s transition from an International Oil Company to an Integrated Energy Company is the entry of electrical vehicle (EV) charging markets in key countries e.g. Germany, UK, US and China. Our mission is to build the fastest and most convenient charger network in the markets we operate in.
This is an opportunity to join a business with an envious position in a fast-growing business, and ultimately help enable more people to transition to electric vehicles. You will not just be part of the biggest change in the automotive industry for a century - you will be at the forefront of it as we craft the EV charging market in key regions.
The purpose of the US EV Execution Controls Manager role is to play a key part in the successful installation of bp EV charging sites throughout the US. bp’s EV charging footprint in the US will be comprised of a mix of location types across the US including retail forecourts and charging hubs. The EV program for these sites is focused on deploying EV chargers in key cities across the US with 2022 focused on the west coast. The EV Execution Controls Manager will support the Execution Team on the installation of these sites and coordination with internal and external partners to ensure accurate metrics and efficient processes.
- Coordinate internal cost and schedule processes with internal stakeholders (Procurement, Controls, etc.), ensuring adherence to program milestones and budget controls.
- Assesses and tracks program performance via program management tools, software and processes to ensure effective project management at all stages of program design and execution.
- Identifies potential constraints in project execution and elevates to program management for resolution. Collaborates with the team to develop best practices.
- Responsible for Execution Team purchase order management and monitoring budgets in accordance with approved plans.
- Contribution to the development of annual plans and budgets, commercial input into yearly EFM requests to support the roll out of the program globally.
- Be responsible for the proactive data management strategy with the requirement to decrease duplication for Execution Team, ensuring efficiency.
- Working with the finance and controls function, develop and manage KPIs and performance objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in a relevant field such as electrical engineering or operations
- Experience in leading safe operations
- Knowledge of process improvement, defining, and planning solutions
- Knowledge of data management systems and frameworks
- Experience of applying commercial/cost awareness
- Experience of systematic analysis of root causes of inefficiencies in business processes, structures with a strategic lens
- Knowledge of EV charging technology and detailed understanding of the operation and structures of charging networks, how they are integrated, and industry standards