Responsible for providing engineering expertise under the direction of a Project Manager for delivering a substantial subset of a moderately complex project and directing contractors and for cross-discipline coordination with other project team members to ensure the technical integrity of the project and to complete assigned work activities across all phases of the project are delivered in accordance with BP, HSSE, and ethical standards and in compliance with all relevant statutory requirements.
FM&S Aspac team is accountable for delivering the overall future mobility and solutions ambition for the Asia Pacific region, including electrification and other e-mobility services to partnership and customers. Among which, China is encouraged to deliver at least 50% of the total number of bp global charge points development and operation by 2030.
The purpose of the role EV Project Engineer is to contribute to the roll out of the global mobility scale up programme, passionate about providing the technical and design expertise to the deployment of EV charging, including site feasibility and code compliance in China market.
Key Accountabilities:Asset Development & Delivery
- Lead site feasibility assessments, including performing technical review and management of 3rd party contractors, to support the deployment of EV charging deployment.
- Work closely with project manager and commercial teams to contribute to the success of the project and raise concerns/ask for support early.
- Work with our businesses and support their execution strategies and in year deliveries.
- Develop and maintain design standards for EV charger deployment by jurisdiction including relevant building codes and internal bp design requirements.
- Develop and own the risk management process.
- Build and implement key project management process to maintain the delivery of feasibility package in an efficient and control manner.
- Contribution to the development of annual plans and budgets.
- Delivery of SMART outcomes, including zero HSSE incidents, below target cost for installation per site per charge points, and successful commission of sites required by plan.
- Line up other teams to deliver annual site targets
- Share standard methodology from other competitors
- Ensure measures are in place to support the health, safety & care for front-end team
- University degree in engineering or comparable education
- 5+ years of experience in engineering and project management delivery
- Experience in EV infrastructure, solar or battery storage industries
- A detailed understanding of the EV Value chain from the technical and infrastructure perspective
- Knowledge of EV charging technology and thorough understanding of the operation and structures of charging networks and how they are integrated
- Experience with utility interconnection and upgrade process and requirements
- Direct experience of standards participation, contribution, and set-up, preferably within standardization bodies or industry organizations
- Acts with integrity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.