Responsible for providing project management engineering expertise for projects up to medium complexity, providing oversight and direction to cross-discipline team members, 3rd party engineering and contract resources, applying advanced technical integrity to the project and ensuring work activities are completed across all phases of the project are delivered in accordance with industry-leading cost and schedules to ensure the maximum return on investment to BP and HSSE and ethical standards and in compliance with all relevant statutory requirements.
Key Accountabilities: Strategy & Planning
Asset Project Delivery
- Lead the delivery of EV charging roll out of OTG charging networks, plus depot hubs and premium B2C sites, through site preparation, feasibility assessment, procurement, installation, construction and launch at key locations across the US.
- Build a standard execution model for deployment across site appraisal, network planning, procurement, installation, construction and commissioning/launch.
- Lead the creation and own the EV roll out plan across the region.
- Develop annual capex spending budget plan and resourcing priorities.
Partnership Development & Management
- Support Asset Director with a EV governance process both internally and externally - while handling the work with key suppliers and installation contractors to deliver a great product in a safe and efficient manner.
- Lead performance management and reporting of near-term progress against long term targets.
- Be responsible for the EV risk management process across the region.
- Coordinate key project management process to maintain the EV roll out in an efficient and control manner.
- Maintain a close working relationship with other bp businesses and ensure lessons learned are shared.
- Contribute to the development of annual plans, budgets and support commercial input into the yearly EFM requests to support the roll out of the programme.
- Identify balance between network expansion at pace and quality of control, incl. meeting with internal investment framework.
- Commit to both organic and inorganic growth opportunities accelerate pace of delivery.
- Lead internal project approval process, ensure proper functional assurance and alignment with key stakeholders.
- Lead the EV Value Creation Programmes (VCP) applicable to the region.
Core Team Capabilities Development
- Seek for major land and other resources partnership
- Handling potential conflicts both within team or with external partnership
- Establish the ‘central of expertise’ in asset development and project management by identifying and selecting high-quality candidates
- Line up supporting engineering and delivery resources to deliver annual site targets
- Coach other team members to improve overall team knowledge in asset development
- Share best practice from other competitors
- Strengthen employee alignment, performance and engagement, culture and leadership
- Ensure measures are in place to support the health, safety & care for front-end team
- Bachelor degree with MBA preferred
- At least 5+ years’ relevant deep industry experience in asset development and project management, with solid previous case demonstrations
- Excellent communicator with deep people leadership experience who can coordinate a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Depth across the charging asset development and project management to provide professional advice and act as a mentor to others
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Outstanding project management skills
- Excellent negotiation skills, ability to find creative solutions to resolve deadlock
- Drives value-adding solutions - driven to build solutions to business problems. Track record of continuous improving/making valuable contributions
- Continually improving team capability in improving joint team performance
- Sound knowledge of EV charging technology and detailed understanding of the operation and structures of charging networks
- Acts with integrity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.