Do you have experience in managing end-to-end early careers hiring processes? Are you looking for a unique and exciting opportunity to help shape bp’s early careers talent strategy? This could be the perfect role for you!
At bp, our people are our most important asset. People & culture (P&C) discovers, empowers, energizes and cares for our brilliant people – and so can you. We’re nurturing a diverse and inclusive culture that allows our people to thrive in all aspects of their lives. We’re creating collaborative workplaces that drive innovation and agility. If people are your passion, this is the right place for you.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for an Early Careers Senior Advisor, who will be responsible for delivering the end-to-end cycle of early careers hiring processes across early engagement, attraction, selection and programme management for our Trading & Shipping (T&S) business – recruiting talent from school leavers through to interns and graduates.
In this role, as the successful candidate, you will have the great opportunity to manage a specific group of university and external partnerships. You will also work closely with hiring managers, talent teams and local P&C to ensure that the bp early careers talent strategy is realised, with a focus on quality of hire, DE&I and critical capabilities.
The role will be based in the United Kingdom - Sunbury office, with regular travel to the Canary Wharf office, and 25% travel during peak periods to events or assessments.
What you will be doing?
- Run the end-to-end process for UK T&S early careers roles in close collaboration with hiring managers, business leaders and other local P&C teams ensuring efficiency, best-practice and hiring manager & candidate experience
- Identify and drive process efficiencies to scale hiring across the organisation and share best-practice with global peers
- Be a regional talent expert, both internally and externally, in order to deliver hiring demand requirements in an efficient and consistent manner
- Lead hiring strategy meetings with business to agree on recruitment and sourcing strategy, provide insights on market data, and offer effective early careers talent acquisition solutions; interviewing & assessing where necessary and training the business and volunteers
- Support talent attraction with flagship events in relevant markets, addresses potential skills shortages, be a bp ambassador at events and positions bp as an employer of choice
- Support execution of early engagement agenda to deliver required future skills pipelines of engaged early careers talent Support strategic relationships with external partners to drive attraction which supports DE&I and early careers talent requirements
- Support the early careers university agenda in their markets, understand university landscape/course content, be a regional expert for allocated universities and lead bp volunteers; engage and partner with universities to deliver on future skills and DE&I
- Take a lead role in supporting a defined strand within the early careers DE&I strategy
- Lead end of campaign reviews, delivering expert insight into the graduate marketplace, trends, candidate behavior and selection outcomes, with a focus on lessons learned, continuous improvement and sees opportunities for future campaigns
- Source scarce skills and diverse talent for hard to fill fields through targeted attraction activities/software solutions (LinkedIn/TRM)
- Always ensure an excellent experience is delivered for our business and our candidates
- Deliver keep warm activity to ensure candidates remain engaged effectively, utilise Talent Acquisition & Matching software and digital solutions to drive efficiency in the process
- Act as a coach to less experienced team members to help chip into capability development, play your part in making work fun
Does this sound like you?
Essential knowledge, skills and experience!
- Experience of working on the planning and implementation of early careers strategies and building rapport with third parties e.g., universities
- Experience of planning and delivering high volume end-to-end early careers campaigns, demonstrating effective solutions to attract applications from underrepresented groups
- One team mindset - demonstrate an understanding of the value of, and ability to develop high quality, trust-based relationships with the wider team and organisation
- Analytical thinking – able to use predictive analytics to identify outcomes and improve decision making + Has a focus on continuous improvement and a solution driven approach
- Fluent Hungarian and English speaker
- Experience of working in a highly matrixed global organisation or within the early careers market
Why join our team?
We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to crafting an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, collaboration spaces in a modern office environment, and many others benefits!
Reinvent your career as you help our business meet the challenges of the future. Apply now!