How would you like to define the strategy of how we engage and inspire future generations to build the skills required to get to net zero?
At bp, we're reimagining energy for people and our planet. With operations working across almost every part of the energy system, we're leading the way in reducing carbon emissions and developing more sustainable methods for solving the energy challenge.
We're a diverse team of engineers, scientists, and business professionals determined to find answers to problems that must be solved. But we know we can't do it alone. We need people today, and a future workforce, who will share our passion for reinvention, help us continue to evolve our capabilities and deliver on our purpose and Net Zero ambition.
Key to bp’s new purpose to reimagine energy is our sustainability frame. This role focuses specifically on Aim 12 – advancing a just transition through (human rights and) education.
This role will be part of the team that will drive education & employment initiatives and programs with industry partners to work with early-stage talent to build their interest in, and develop the skills needed, for the future energy system.
The successful candidate will seek diverse perspectives to manage complex projects, connect and inspire people to drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration. They will secure internal champions to advance bp’s global education agenda across multiple groups with competing priorities.
About the role:
Help deliver on our global education strategy to spark students’ interest in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) and critical employability skills. There will be a keen focus on social mobility and diversity, equity, and inclusion
Engage and provide support for bp’s signature global education programs. Play an active role in the expansion of the bp Net Zero Change makers Initiative
Support the development and rollout of a global employee volunteer model and program including organizing volunteer training and developing resources to support students in and out of the classroom.
Serve as the education and employability team’s lead on marketing efforts. Share ideas, provide creative opportunities, and develop resources to increase awareness of our initiatives and promote brand recognition
Serve as a bp and education & employability ambassador continually working to drive interest and awareness in net zero pathways, green skills, and a just energy transition.
Here's what we need:
- Bachelors degree several years' project, program & relationship management experience
- Strong written and verbal communications, able to distil complicated ideas into clear, understandable messages and present confidently to internal and external audiences
- Ability to influence without authority and to incorporate feedback from multiple individuals while moving projects forward
- A problem-solver, able to think analytically and who focusses on delivering outcomes
- Expert at juggling multiple tasks and priorities based on the impact on overall goals
- Experience supporting innovative programs that drive social impact and business goals
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships and networks with customers and colleagues.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Effective team member also able to work independently and deliver with limited guidance
In addition, it would be helpful to have:
- Strong existing network of external connections working in the education space or corporate social responsibility.
- Previous experience managing employee volunteer programs and strategic corporate campaigns
- Experience in marketing or public relations
If you think you have the right skills set and are excited to be part of a team of diverse and forward-thinking team, apply today!
At bp, we provide great environment & benefits such as an inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, learning and development opportunities, life & health insurance, medical care package, and many others benefits!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.