Responsible for providing Electrical engineering support to projects or operations, including maintenance, inspection and turnaround, proactively interacting with other disciplines, teams, subfunctions and contractors to systematically resolve problems and applying basic engineering judgement to deliver integrated, pragmatic solutions focused on risk management, operating efficiency, defect elimination and standardisation.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join us and advance your career as an
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the safe and reliable execution of electrical
engineering work and electrical isolations within the refinery. As such, the person in this role holds oversight on electrical procedures, qualifications, maintenance & inspection plans. Join us and make a difference by:
- Making our production and operations safer and more standardised
- Driving quicker reduction of our carbon emissions
- Growing cash returns and delivering improved reliability and optimisation
- Maximising efficiency through sharing resources
- Accelerating the digital transformation of our operating assets
- Developing our people faster, leveraging the scale of P&O
In this role You will:
- Verifies with the support of the electrical inspection coordinator that inspections and maintenance plans are executed in time and that deviations are corrected
- Providing technical engineering support to the various departments, in troubleshooting or incident investigation, for example RCFA activities.
- Defining technical specifications in the context of modifications and replacements.
- Analyses equipment monitoring data and develops appropriate response to reliability issues
- Defining improvement proposals (including implementation) in the field of Asset and Maintenance Management Systems.
- Contribution of expertise and review of documents regarding projects and modifications from a Maintenance Engineering perspective.
- Responsible for monitoring electrical competency & qualification of operators & technicians working on electrical systems
- Performs electrical energy isolations in low- and high voltage systems
- Develop the electrical model for the site and ensures it gets updated in case of changes due to projects, MOCs or new requirements
- Provides input in MOC’s and ensures engineering design and documentation is provided where required
- Oversees critical activities (4-eyes principle) during (project) construction and maintenance activities
- ATEX-point of contact for all Electrical equipment on site
We have the following requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 3 to 5 years of refinery experience in electrical engineering and maintenance.
- Knowledge of industry codes, guidelines and European and Dutch regulatory standards including NEN1010, IEC 61936-1, NEN 3140 and NEN 3840.
- Technical knowledge of electrical and power system engineering calculations, construction methods, and materials.
- Experience with power distribution engineering, including substations, relay coordination, safeguarding and short circuit studies.
- Experience with electrical equipment design, specification, installation, repair & maintenance (including UPS, generators, transformers, motors, variable frequency drives and other electrical equipment).
- Experience with Low- and High voltage systems.