Responsible for providing Electrical expertise to projects or operations, including maintenance, inspection and turnaround, proactively interacting with other disciplines, teams, subfunctions and contractors to systematically resolve problems and applying sound engineering judgement to drive integrated, pragmatic solutions focused on risk management, operating efficiency, defect elimination and standardisation.
The Electrification Engineer is an experienced role and will provide support for all technical, system architecture and engineering aspects of EVSE hardware, for all projects monitored and / or handled by FM&S within the electrification strategic plan, as well as to bring support to Countries as an experienced service. In line with the agreed strategy and program planned, the role is to ensure that all underlining hardware related technical or engineering items of projects are well covered, safe, well-engineered as per the state-of-art. His / her role is also to identify bottlenecks and misconception in the prioritizing phase as well as to identify the right partners for further timely and economic delivery.
- Identify key EVSE technology Hardware solutions, for the optimum delivery of projects in accordance with BP Ethics & Compliance rules.
- Support the regional FM&S team and our Joint Venture companies
- Anticipate on future standards and technology to optimize time and materials substance of any projects.
- Understand improve and apply the predefined technical / architectural rules of the FM&S Electrification Team.
- Align with S&ORA rules and support / advise S&ORA on specific anticipated move or trends
- Participate and be proactive in advocacy play as far as standards or pre-standards definition are concerned. Supply to the Advocacy play from the technical point of view.
- Contribute to the success of any project and support the Project Managers to help them deliver the project on time and within budget, both at the procurement (Define and Implement) stage during Operate Stage.
- Alert the project managers and the FM&S program manager on any identified risks within his / her responsibility.
- Support bp countries Roll-out on all relevant hardware technology, engineering and S&ORA workstreams and local teams.
- Interactions or chip in to negotiations with DNO/DSO and TSO.
- Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- An understanding of the Electric Vehicle Value chain from the infrastructure perspective in AC and DC charger from low charging speed to high power charging
- A consistent track record in project delivery or in supporting sophisticated Project management involving Hardware solutions in the EV infrastructure world.
- A strong understanding of the standards and protocols of the industry
- A strong understanding of Grid access constraints and LV / MV / HV connections.
- Understanding of Microgrid and Smart Grid concept and general design.
- Chartered Engineer or local equivalent (working towards with imminent application would be considered)
- A good understanding of the Hardware and software components such as Inverters, plugs, cables, screen, isolation, electrical grid regimes (for the Hardware part) and such as supervision systems from back office to front office and payment systems (not an extensive list)
- A good understanding of the main battery technologies from cells to packs and to BMS, and the risks associated with Battery technology stationary storage.
- Technical and engineering roll out in the EV field
- Project Management of similar power and hardware Projects
- Attended standardisation bodies or associations
- Direct experience in that space
- Cross cultural and global working
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.