Grade GResponsible for managing a team to deliver capital and expense projects for BP facilities putting in place the processes and governance to ensure the technical integrity of the projects and assigned work activities are completed across all phases of the project and delivered in accordance with BP, HSSE, and ethical standards and in compliance with all relevant statutory requirements.
- Provide engineering expertise for manufacturing facility upgrading, maintenance and optimization of the lubricants plant in China.
- Deploy engineering standards, policies & processes and functional capability in engineering.
- Lead the engineering function in the Supply Chain to ensure the integrity of our assets and effective management of capex.
- Oversee the engineering function to ensure safe operation via the implementation of asset integrity and process safety programs.
- Develop and co-ordinate the implementation of technical standards (STP and LCS) engineering policies, processes and standards required for safe and efficient operation of assets
- Develop and deploy a functional capability framework program for engineering professionals to build capability in the supply chain.
- Support Finance to effectively manage the expenditure of CAPEX in the GSC China.
- Assure compliance to bp engineering Technical Practices, Lubricant Technical Practices, Lubricants Policies and BP Standards
- Support global engineering network across country Supply Chains.
- Graduate in engineering (Mechanical or Chemical) with substantial experience in the lubricants, CPG or chemical industry.
- Languages: English - Fluent
Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated capability in leading engineering process design, construction and maintenance.
- Demonstrated capability in the design and construction of large capex projects.
- Relevant experience in engineering in lubricants, consumer goods or similar chemical industries.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence, manage conflict, and maximize team performance.
- Strong networking skills with the ability to build and maintain a dispersed network of professionals