The Environmental Advisor is responsible for supporting environmental regulatory compliance and the delivery of regulatory activities, including inspections and reporting, using basic technical capabilities to provide day-to-day operational support and advice on environmental compliance.
- Provides day-to-day operational support and advice on environmental permit compliance, coordinating regulatory inspections and incident responses.
- Supports the identification, prioritization and management of environmental impacts and risks, providing basic technical advice and support to projects, including waste management and environmental management reviews.
- Manages the flares and process heaters program to include regulatory applicability, inspections, emissions monitoring and reporting
- Identifies process, people and performance environmental and compliance risk reduction measures, providing risk mitigation recommendations to team members.
- Provides input into the development of the self-verification process, participating in relevant internal networks to deliver training and share best practice.
- Liaises with business units and employees at all levels to provide technical support and advice.
- Complies with BP's Code of Conduct and models BP's Values & Behaviours.
- Establishes and maintains document control guidelines and work processes in support of all operational areas and programs.
- Assists the distribution and maintenance of HSE-related materials, equipment, procedures, personnel and guidance, documenting maintenance activities.
- BS in Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Chemistry, or equivalent education is essential.
- Environmental based accreditations desirable.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years previous environmental program management experience is essential; experience with Flares, Process Heaters, or other similar experience, is preferred.
- Experience in Clean Air Act compliance (Title V, NSPS, MACT, etc.)
- Detail oriented and well organized.
- Data quality management experience.
- Expertise with Microsoft office (Outlook, Teams, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Experience with Data Acquisition and Handling Systems (DAHS)
- Experience with Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS)
- Experience in refinery and/or chemical plant process engineering or operations
- Experience working with industry coalitions and governmental regulatory agencies
- Experience with PowerBI and Palantir
- Trained to lead Self-Assessment and Audits, and root cause analyses (RCA).
- Problem Solver
- Foster effective teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to work outside in the refinery process operating units
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders up
- Ability to read and understand P&ID – both in field and office settings.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with Operations and Maintenance staff to implement sustainable customer focused compliance management systems.
- Ability to perform work with cross-functional teams and provide oversight to contractor staff.
- Demonstrated ability to review new and existing environmental regulations, provide interpretation, and translate into actionable terms via policies, procedures, and plans.