Grade JResponsible for providing Process Safety engineering support to projects or operations, including maintenance, inspection and turnaround, interacting with other disciplines, teams, subfunctions and contractors to assist in resolving problems and developing engineering judgement to deliver integrated, pragmatic solutions focused on risk management, operating efficiency, defect elimination and standardisation.
About the Role
The Environmental Engineer (Air) is the subject matter expert on state and federal air quality regulations, provides expertise to ensure activities remain in compliance with rules and regulations, advises on policies and procedures to meet regulatory and BP requirements and communicates these requirements consistently and effectively across the business. The Environmental Engineer (Air) executes the permitting, regulatory and compliance strategy to support development and operations activities, develops and supports air quality best management practices and prepares and submits emission inventories and other air-related reports both internally and externally.
Why Join Us?
At bpx energy, we think big and embrace change. We strive to be modern, innovative, and collaborative within every function of our business. Our mission is to become the premier onshore operator in the United States. bpx energy is bp’s US onshore oil and gas business. bpx energy has world class unconventional assets which span across Texas and Louisiana. We focus on delivering free cash flow not only by continued strong returns and operational performance, but also by relentless innovation aimed at making our business even safer, smarter and more environmentally sustainable.
At bpx energy, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to encouraging an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
What we are looking for:
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering.
• Communicate requirements and practices to internal stakeholders to ensure compliance with BP corporate requirements and agency rules and regulations.
• Coordinate, prepare and submit permit applications and associated technical documents as well as compliance documentation and reports.
• Facilitate and lead air compliance programs including, but not limited to, equipment inventory, engine stack testing, gas and liquids sampling and LDAR IR camera inspections. Ensure compliance obligations are understood and met.
• Facilitate and lead environmental compliance database data quality improvements and business process flow standardization.
• Provide air compliance technical support on the implementation of emission reduction efforts.
• Coordinate air quality permit and compliance third-party audits.
• Assist with the development of air quality best management practices and business processes.
• Prepare EPA New Source Performance Standards (NSPS) Subpart JJJJ, Subpart OOOO, Subpart OOOOa, NESHAP ZZZZ and GHGRP annual reports (Subparts W, C, NN, PP, UU and RR), including performing engineering calculations and modeling.
• Prepare GHG emissions reduction estimates for new projects, prepare monthly updates and prepare and submit internal GHG reports.
• Provide environmental support and guidance (air, waste and water) through electronic Management of Change (eMOC) review or by direct request for projects to ensure compliance obligations are met.
• Prepare and submit annual SARA Tier II reports and prepare and submit internal environmental (waste, water and biodiversity) reports.
• Review SPCC/SPC plans and provide support/review of waste program/plan development.
• Participate in and collaborate with applicable external environmental and regulatory workgroups and committees.