We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join us and advance your career as a
Environmental Liability Manager!
The Environmental Liability Manager plays a vital role in managing and advising on all aspects of environmental lifecycle management of bp sites in the Netherlands and Belgium, and the delivery of remediation projects for eliminating and or preventing environmental liabilities (e.g. soil and groundwater contamination).
In this role You will:
- Delivery of Strategic Environmental Liability Management:
- Set the strategic direction for sites with environmental liabilities, monitor effectiveness, and adjust as necessary to manage to the lowest lifecycle cost
- Secure regulatory third-party and/or settlement agreements to reduce risk and resolve liability claims
- Develop and enhance relationships with BP Businesses to advance RMs value proposition around environmental liabilities; assist in external advocacy efforts related to RM sites and in association with industry associations
- Manage macro-level stakeholder, agency or regulator relationships
- Provide M&A HSSE support to the global BP M&A department and local businesses during transaction projects
- Provide prevention advice to BP businesses to mitigate and prevent future liabilities
- Executing Site Remediation Projects:
- Lead the technical evaluation and delivery of site investigations, conceptual site model development, feasibility studies, remedy selection, remedial/corrective action plan preparation, remedy implementation/construction, and evaluation of remediation project information to optimise remedy
- Create Site and Project Execution Plan to progress the site remediation
- Develop the HSSE plan to define what and how the work will be done
- Manage multiple sites and projects simultaneously
- Negotiate effective site closure endpoints with regulators and affected stakeholders on complex remediation projects
- Develop mitigation plans to manage key risks associated with remediation projects
- Ensure that the requirements of RM’s Project Common Process are followed, estimate financial project forecasts, manage annual and life cycle spend for the portfolio of projects
We have the following requirements:
- Bachelor or higher degree in relevant discipline
- Fluency in Dutch and English, French is an advantage
- Professional registration or formal certification with an accredited technical or professional body
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the environmental and remediation services field (e.g. consultancy, agency, corporate), including project management and operations management
- Strong Project Management experience across a portfolio of larger sites or more complex projects, which may include multiple affected parties, complex regulations, and/or compound issues
- Ability to advocate and negotiate successful outcomes across high complexity issues with regulatory agencies and other stakeholders
- High level of technical expertise, demonstrated soil and groundwater assessment expertise, ability to develop and interpret site conceptual models, prepare Remedial Action Plans, apply remediation technologies, and interpret and analyse performance data to optimise remedy performance
- Ability to successfully lead internal and external project teams, understand what is needed and turn that into action,
- Selecting and working with multiple contractors at one time
- Able to work with different organizations (e.g. suppliers, RET, Procurement, HSSE, BU, 3rd party stakeholders) at the same time requiring prioritization, communications, management and leadership
- Sound understanding of environmental legislation and regulations applicable to sites