Do you have the confidence, energy, and experience vital to lead with minimal direction, as well as the interpersonal skills to thrive in a collaborative environment? Then this could be your next opportunity! In this position you'll work alongside other E&C professionals, businesspeople, lawyers, investigators, and other functional teams (e.g., procurement, audit). The successful candidate should enjoy a fast-paced and diverse workload and the experience, exposure, and capability this builds, and will have proven skills in the areas of leadership and project management.
The role is a permanent position in the business-facing team within the Ethics & Compliance function, to replace an E&C Manager who has moved to another team in mid September.
Ethics & Compliance plays a meaningful role in BP’s management of significant risks, and is an area where BP is recognised as a leader internationally.
The purpose of the E&C Function is to develop, implement and maintain an effective programme to address regulatory compliance risks, and ensure a strong, ethical culture throughout BP consistent with our Code of Conduct and Values & Behaviours.
In this role you will:
Be responsible for leading all aspects of and facilitating the appropriate and proactive management of risks to include:
Act as a key partner to the assigned businesses and functions, offering sound and practical advice, mentor and support to ECLs and Leadership Teams
Develop and enable an inclusive, energized and high performing team that is interoperable and passionate about effective prioritization, analytical problem solving and planning;
Maintain awareness of concerns and investigations, engaging with Business Integrity and ECLs as appropriate.
We have the following requirements:
• Substantial prior experience /professional qualification in Ethics & Compliance or in a related compliance, investigative, advisory or risk-focused area such as Legal, Audit, Business Integrity, HR investigations and Finance.
• Strong senior influencing skills: group leaders are among the key individuals and the role will be encouraged to meet with them solo and be able to challenge them respectfully yet optimally.
• Ability to operate with a high degree of autonomy: this function is structured to attract hard working individuals who will grow with handling an array of exciting businesses with limited supervision, driving the E&C agenda within their portfolio
• High standard of analytical and drafting skills, with attention to detail.
• Self-confidence to take a firm stand and upbeat persistence in seeking solutions to sophisticated issues.
• Strong work ethic and creative ability to achieve identified goals.
• Ability to deliver the agenda in a creative and collaborative manner.
• Strong awareness / sensitivity to different cultures.
• Proven track record to build positive relationships and influence members across the business.
One or more of the following:
• Experience of advising on key risks such as ABC, CAT, ITR.
• Experience of managing programmes.
• Understanding of internal investigations or employee concerns programmes.
Degree and/or professional qualification.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We look forward to hearing from you!