Responsible for providing dedicated procurement, programme and stakeholder management support for the hub or at site, based on advanced procurement management knowledge, conducting day-to-day (non-category aligned) procurement execution activities in order to meet the Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements for procurement operations.
We are looking for a Projects Procurement Execution Advisor to join our team in Sunbury!
The purpose of the role is to deliver all procurement and contracting activities for the GTA Hub/Terminal project, which is the world's first near-shore LNG Hub/Terminal under construction off the coast of Mauritania and Senegal. The GTA Hub/Terminal is about to enter into the hook-up, commissioning and start-up phase of the project.
The focus is predominantly on post-award contract management for complex EPCI contracts with spend over $1.5BN. The EMEA Project Procurement Advisor will be deployed into, and is an essential part of, a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary project team.
You will lead a lean team of contracting and procurement specialists and will be part of the GTA Hub/Terminal project leadership team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to work in an outstanding team to deliver a unique, complex and challenging project.
What you will need to be successful
- Accountable for delivering robust contract management and support supplier management with the line Contract Accountable Managers (CAMs) and project team, including:
- Negotiate and resolve variation order requests and draft and execute corresponding variation orders
- Lead and draft robust contract correspondence and letters to protect bp's contractual positions
- Conduct commercial and contractual negotiations with a focus on finding win-win solutions
- Conduct claim and dispute resolutions and contract close out
- Take accountability and co-ordinate all procurement activities to ensure that activities are delivered to meet business requirements and priorities
- Provide procurement and contractual advice and support to projects team
- Support the development and delivery of Local Content strategies to ensure requirements are fulfilled
- Carry out all procurement and contracting activities in compliance with BP's processes and procedures
- Work closely with partners to understand their needs and requirements through good communication and collaboration.
- Experience of managing complex, high value contracts, preferably with experience of EPC contracts of > $500M
- Experience of contract drafting and letter writing in order to project bp's contractual position
- Experience of negotiating complex variation order requests - Ability to communicate and influence different stakeholders and project teams in geographically diverse environments
- Skilled at leading and influencing teams through complexity, performing in multi-stakeholder, multi-discipline environments and providing solutions to issues and challenges
- Major projects in Execute in Europe, Middle East and Africa. The successful candidate will be part of this team and will initially be deployed to the GTA Hub/Terminal Project until project completion and contract close-out
At bp, we provide a phenomenal environment and benefits such as an open and inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, tremendous learning and development opportunities to craft your career path, life and health insurance, medical care package and many others!
Diversity sits at the heart of our company and as an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential