At bp, we have only one thing on our minds: the energy of tomorrow. We want to reimagine energy so that we are climate neutral by 2050 at the latest. And so that the world can be as well. To achieve this, we are rethinking energy and relying on the expertise and passion of our 70,000 employees worldwide, 4,600 of them in Germany. Every day, with the products and services of our bp, Aral and Castrol brands, they ensure energy and mobility for millions of people - today and in the future.
The Europe ARC Finance organization is responsible for the management, coordination & control of the ARC (Accounting, Reporting & Control) process of the European P&O refinery units, as well as for operated and non-operated joint ventures. The aim for this area is to ensure correct and complete financial reporting within IFRS Group Reporting.
The Europe ARC Finance organization thus represents the central link between the operating business units, other finance departments and the global business service centers.
The role is part of the Europe Finance ARC organization and reports directly to the Europe Senior Finance Manager. The task of this role contributes to the development and implementation of new business processes (especially in the field of bioenergy and hydrogen) within the framework of the #bpNetZero strategy and ensures that legal, VAT and financial aspects are correct in the planning and implementation.
He/she assumes responsibility for related international projects and represents the requirements of ARC Finance.
- Development, definition, and implementation of new, changed and expanded business scenarios with regard to financial aspects in order to enable new market opportunities
- Participation in international projects and takeovers of the management of resulting subprojects
- Cross-border automation, digitization and harmonization of the system-technical financial processes of the refineries in close cooperation with the business units and the global teams (I&E, T&S, GSD etc.)
- Management of the interface between GBS, Finance and the operational business to ensure the correct handling of business transactions.
- Carrying out analyses, performance management and ensuring financial processes
- Ensure a robust control environment for new, changed and expanded business scenarios, including monitoring of end-to-end processes, alignment with key ICFR control standards and effective risk mitigation.
What we offer:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Finance, Business Administration or Business Informatics
- 3+ years of experience in the field of financial management control or performance management
- Preferably professional qualification in the financial sector (e.g. CINA)
- Confident handling of numbers and strong analytical skills, business expertise and understanding of business drivers
- Very good knowledge of automation and digitization processes
- Very good communication skills, social skills and organizational skills
- Initiative and ability to prioritize and work independently under limited guidance
- Very good knowledge of financial reporting in accordance with IFRS
- Very good knowledge of SAP FI, MM, CO, BW and AfO
- Very good knowledge of English and German (C2) spoken and written
- Good knowledge of processes in the petroleum industry and bp, experience in refinery processes and the value chain for fuels or related business areas is an advantage
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- bp stands for agile working in a digitalized, team-oriented and international working environment
- Flexible and mobile working as well as 30 days of annual leave
- Attractive compensation package (company pension scheme, bonus and share programmed, Aral fuel card, group accident insurance, various special benefits)
- International career and development opportunities as well as extensive internal and external training opportunities
- Structured onboarding programme and buddy support
- Subsidised canteen as well as hot drinks and water for free
- Commitment to society: bp doubles the donations made privately by employees to charitable organisations and rewards voluntary time commitment
- Employees can offset their personal carbon footprint; bp doubles this amount
- Programmes to improve the work-life balance