Grade JResponsible for processing requisitions, placing orders for goods and services, monitoring orders until the invoice is processed and supplier is paid, and resolving blocked invoice queries, in order to meet the Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements for procurement operations.Should be familiar with end to end Procure to Pay processing, well versed with Goods/Service receipt and invoicing processes. Should have good command over written and verbal communication and analytical mindset.
Key Accountabilities and challenges
Accountable for accurate and timely transactional data entry from an invoice or receiving document, such as a field ticket or timesheet, into an online Service Entry Sheet (SES) document in BP’s SAP Backbone solution. Once accepted by BP, the SES provides confirmation of the services that have been performed by a supplier. The Service Entry Sheet Releaser verifies the acceptability of an SES and then forwards it to the responsible business User for acceptance. Under certain conditions, the Service Entry Sheet Releaser may accept (release) the SES on the responsible user’s behalf. Price line verification involves inspecting the prices of SES lines that cannot be systematically verified to ensure that they are reasonable and customary by applying various standards such as Contract and PO terms and back up documentation.
Basic activities involved in creating an SES Creation / SES Release and Price Line Verification includes:
- Enter basic invoice data – invoice number, service performance dates, etc. - into the SES header
- Match service descriptions from supplier invoices and supporting documentation, e.g., field tickets, timesheets, etc., to BP Purchase Order or Contract line items and record each service as an SES line item
- Record quantities of each service received for each SES line item
- Reject invoice in case of clear discrepancy
- Release the SES in the workflow for acceptance by BP
- Ensure daily targets on transactions are met
- Timely exception resolution and escalation as per the process guidelines
- If exceptions are found, clearly document reasons and refer them to the appropriate responsible party, e.g., Buyer, for resolution.
- Utilizes standard agreements and complies with established purchase-to-pay processes.
- Validate the invoices received from suppliers against the backup documentation provided
- Ensure appropriate authorizations (signatures, e-mails) exist on the backup documentation
- Identify and log materials/services/personnel on the invoice that do not have adequate or no backup documentation
- Based on established business rules for certain businesses, perform the SES releaser on invoices which match established criteria
- Work closely with the Client’s Engineers to make the engineers approve the SES and follow-up in case of delays in approval
Qualifications, Competencies & MindsetEssential Education & Experience
- High level of familiarity with the systems used in order to maintain and reconcile the relevant system to ensure it balances correctly.
- There is a high financial and reputational risk involved in prompt and accurate SES creations and releasing. SES released and invoices verified to be reviewed thoroughly to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- SES creation and SES release to be verified in an accurate and timely manner within tight deadlines.
- Liaising with vendors and colleagues in different time zones and potentially in different languages requiring rigorous coordination between teams.
- Working hours (ANZ/ASPAC/UK/Europe/US shift) to support Business Partners
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field or Diploma Holder pursuing degree
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in general accounting, invoice processing, payables or SES Creation operations.
- Knowledge to use of software applications like SAP/SRM etc is an added advantage
- Demonstrates basic understanding of procurement processes
- Good skills in Excel