Grade HResponsible for providing dedicated procurement, programme and stakeholder management support for the hub or at site, based on sound procurement management knowledge, and conducting day-to-day (non-category aligned) procurement execution activities in order to meet the Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements for procurement operations.
Key Accountabilities and challenges
Accountable for ensuring accurate and timely recording and payment of all third-party supplier invoices while ensuring adherence to policies and procedures in the drive for exceptional service, operational excellence and compliance.
- Manage more complex & unique portfolio/countries for a fluid business with challenging and constantly changing requirements and demands.
- Establish & manage relationships with stakeholders of different levels of seniority.
- Regularly track and resolve outstanding issues that have been escalated, or further escalate to the necessary parties, complete incident root cause analysis and action closures.
- Provide invoice processing related advice and information to staff across the GBS and its Business Partners as and when required. The role is expected to provide extensive & value-added analysis with proposal & recommendations
- Implement best practices for the invoice processing process and proactively identify, propose and implement continuous improvement opportunities in existing processes within the team.
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of payables services (i.e., invoice/ payment processing, report preparation, etc.)
- Manage and coordinate the reconciliation of the relevant systems to ensure they balance and that any discrepancies or variations are investigated and corrected.
- Enforce compliance with the Balance Sheet Integrity/ Reconciliation standard; accurate and timely reporting to Internal Control on ledgers for which the team is responsible.
- Work with relevant Internal Control team to maintain controls currently owned and facilitate internal and external audit review
Qualifications, Competencies & MindsetEssential Education & Experience
- High level of familiarity with the systems used in order to maintain and reconcile the relevant system to ensure it balances correctly
- There is a high financial and reputational risk involved in prompt and accurate payments and invoice processing. Payments and invoices processed to be reviewed thoroughly to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Invoices need to be indexed, processed and verified in an accurate and timely manner within tight deadlines
- Maintain good relationships with external stakeholders to facilitate service delivery excellence.
- Liaising with vendors and colleagues in different time zones and potentially in different languages requiring rigorous coordination between teams
- Supporting team members who are servicing different vendors in various geographical locations and using different systems
- Working hours (ANZ/ASPAC/UK/Europe/US shift) to support Business Partners
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Currently pursuing professional qualifications (e.g., ACCA, CPA, CIMA) as added advantage
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in general accounting, invoice processing and/ or payables operations.
- Experience on tools – JDE, SAP, Ariba Guided Buying in payables and invoice processing
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Own your success - Accountable for delivering innovative business outcomes; Seeks opportunities to improve and digitize process delivery; Adheres to safe and ethical work practices
- Think big - Actively builds own knowledge, capabilities and skills for the future; Values teamwork and collaborates to achieve results
- Be curious - Willing to suggest new ways of working, processes and technologies; Ensures the delivery and improvement of digital solutions to benefit customers
- Operational Excellence - Has a sound understanding of process and workflow streamlining, problem resolution and change management
- Innovation - Adapts existing processes, methods and ways of working to drive efficiency. Uses digital technologies to develop new ideas, projects and opportunities
- Business Acumen - Identifies new or alternative approaches to performing business activities more efficiently