Our ambition is to be a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and to help the world get to net zero carbon. Our innovation and engineering community will be key to making this a reality. We have a vacancy for an Expert Team Leader, Technology Deployment for Industrial Lubricants working as a member of the Technology Deployment Team reporting to the Technology Deployment Industrial & GME Senior Manager
The Applied Sciences team operate a range of state-of-the-art laboratories and research equipment around the globe. Our Wayne, NJ laboratory conducts research, development, deployment, and technical service activities to support bp Castrol automotive and industrial lubricants businesses.
The Expert Team Leader, Technology Deployment for Industrial Lubricants is responsible to manage a team of 8 technologists who provide specialty product and technical support for lubricants and metalworking fluids to support the Castrol brand. This team provides technical expertise, application support and testing services to support business growth and provide support to customers. The Expert Team Leader role also has responsibility for laboratory safe operations. The role will need to provide guidance on technical work, laboratory management and for HSSE and effectiveness.
- Lead the team to operate facilities in a safe and responsible manner and ensure compliance and integrity of local data.
- Prioritize workload and manage resources available to maximize value for the business.
- Oversee analysis and testing to troubleshoot customer issues, explore compatibility and support performance claims.
- Write and issue technical reports and develop new analytical/testing methods as required to support products.
- Provide product/application advice to sales/customers with product recommendations for existing business and new business opportunities.
- Provide product and application training to internal technical teams.
- Facilitate deployment of new products: support, monitor and feedback to global teams on experimental oil trials; ensure that claims are relevant, valid, and substantiated for local law and in line with Product Development and Marketing guidance; support the delivery of technical presentations for new products; support teams to deploy products.
- Ensure customer support for quality incidents working with global and local technology deployment and product development teams.
- Manage the technical relationships and services with 3rd parties to enable routine used oil analysis service for customers, manage/maintain the laboratory information management system that supports the service and provide technical commentary on the analysis.
- Bring in the agility and digital excellence in the ways of working of technology deployment team.
- Lead capability development and technical excellence within the team. Champion capability development, knowledge sharing, best practice transfer across all the Technology Deployment teams and wider technical network.
Essential Criteria & Qualifications
- Degree in Chemistry, Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Over 10yrs experience in a technical role
- Strong project management experience
- Proven broad experience of lubricant development and technology commercialization and deployment
- Broad knowledge of Industrial Lubricant products, their composition, manufacture, and application
- Demonstrated a collaborative approach to working and networking with subject matter experts
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills and experience of working across teams
WHY JOIN US
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, and excellent retirement benefits, among others!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.