In this role, you will provide technical leadership and expertise to the Asia Pacific market, help plan their future technology requirements, deploy new technology, support product launches, support existing technology and generation of new business.
- Source relevant and up to date information on current and future products, applications, specifications and related technologies to develop and prioritise the technology roadmap, opportunities and technical activities for the market.
- Operate as a subject matter expert with other experts and technologists to; deliver proof of performance testing, deploy products, train the trainer
- Provide expert advice in: customer technical support including product recommendation; resolution of application / performance problems; counterfeits; managing quality incidents; product waivers; material substitution; specifications; applications.
- Advise and check the technical accuracy, integrity and approval of external communications, materials used at media events, customer events, product introduction, data sheets and labels.
- Provide input to the development of technical training materials, deliver technical training to the markets, coach and mentor less experienced technologists, and share technical knowledge to develop people’s capabilities.
- Present technical material at customer events and at external technical seminars/conferences, drive technical advocacy.
- Interact with local OEMs maintaining information flow between them and BP, and represent BP at trade associations/Industry bodies ensuring BP’s Global interests are addressed and that information is fed back into relevant teams within the BP organisation.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders in areas of accountability
In this role, we have the following requirements:
- Degree or equivalent related area
- At least 10 years experience in a technical role, advanced technical knowledge of own subject area/accountabilities
- Strong technical presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong commercial skills and business credibility
- Proficient at networking, motivating and leading across different functions
- BPs values, behaviours and leadership expectations
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Refer to JD