At bp, we care deeply about how we deliver energy to the world. Working within bp, you will immerse yourself in a position where you can positively influence the move towards a low carbon future. We are looking for high-potential C&EA (Communications and External Affairs) to join our ANZ (Australia and New Zealand) business.
The Manager – External Communications is accountable for setting, implementing, and delivering the strategy for how bp ANZ communicates externally via clear and compelling content that connects with and considers the interests of multiple stakeholders, and is consistent with the bp Global narrative. The role reports to the Head of Communications and Campaigns and is a critical member of the C&EA function. There’s never been a more interesting or exciting time to enter the energy industry, and gain an opportunity to play a key role in bp’s energy transition.
What you’ll bring:
- Develop and implement effective communications strategies to internal and external audiences to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Provide expert strategic, measured, informed, valuable communications advice and counsel to senior regional leaders based on experience, industry best practice, trends and bp business requirements.
- Responsible for the management of all relationships with the media including journalists and editors.
- Develops editorial calendar and plan aligned with overall communications strategy, executive appearances, policy campaigns and advocacy work.
- Responsible for C&EA preparedness for emergency response including acting as the functional representative on all Crisis and Incident Management Teams.
- Support the development and implementation of integrated bp campaign efforts in the region.
- Responsible for message development and positioning – reactive and proactive.
- Provide external communications counsel across bp teams, as needed
- Exercises best practices such as smart brevity.
What’s in it for you?
- An understanding of corporate reputation and the role C&EA plays in building and protecting it.
- Extensive experience in developing external communications strategies in a policy rich environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive and trusted relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Senior media relations experience with a demonstrated approach to developing and maintaining relationships.
- Experience in issues and crisis communications.
- Possesses dedication when delivering and managing simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to navigate and deliver on priorities in a matrixed organisational structure.
- Develop meaningful relationships to achieve results in the best interests of the business.
- Experience writing and messaging skills across a variety of channels and formats including short and long-form content, media releases, speeches, opinion editorials, and internal briefing documents.
- Experience writing for various digital and social media platforms and familiarity with digital tools and trends.
bp Australia acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as Australia’s First people. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for this role and all other current vacancies.Please be aware that all bp ANZ employees must be Permanent Residents or Citizens of Australia or New Zealand.
- Excellent work-life balance & Hybrid working arrangement
- Career development and mentoring programs
- Generous salary package including annual bonus program
- 12% superannuation, Share options, and fuel discounts
- Up to 18 weeks paid parental leave/4 weeks paid partner leave
- Collaborative environment that celebrates achievements, diversity, and culture