Responsible for providing Facilities expertise to projects or operations, including maintenance, inspection and turnaround, proactively interacting with other disciplines, teams, subfunctions and contractors to systematically resolve problems and applying sound engineering judgement to drive integrated, pragmatic solutions focused on risk management, operating efficiency, defect elimination and standardization.
- Provides assurance for bpx asset integrity with emphasis on PSE reduction through vessel and pipeline integrity management.
- Works with Ops and Dev engineers and operations staff to provide assurance for application of Integrity Management (IM) and Pipeline Integrity Management System (PIMS) policies.
- Develops and tracks leading indicators for LOPC barrier health.
- Ensures that asset integrity principles are incorporated into Facility Design Manual (FDM) and Risk ID & Mitigation policy.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for asset integrity management and pipeline operations.
- Provides safety leadership, counsel and technical support to Development and Operations teams on asset integrity and process safety so that BPX Energy meets its safety, environmental, production and cost ambitions.
- Participate in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)/hazard evaluations for facility design.
- Perform exposure radius calculations using Process Hazard Analysis Software (PHAST).
- Perform Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA) for determining risk exposure and barrier management.
- Conduct audits for management of change (MOC).
- Monitor leading and lagging process safety key performance indicators.
- Support Development / Well Intervention related assurance and audit reviews.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or science required or candidates with 25+ years of practical experience in industryEssential Experience and Job Requirements
Desirable Criteria & Qualifications
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Proficiency communicating regulations, risk management, and risk assessment skills.
- Proficiency in HSE auditing, incident investigation, and documentation techniques.
- Good verbal and written communication skills which include the ability to speak, write and listen in a manner that clarifies issues, promotes closure and delivers information in a clear and concise manner and facilitates good decision-making.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail.
- Operational and technical mechanical inspection experience – creating and managing risk-based inspection.
- Operational and technical pipeline experience – creating and managing risk-based inspection.
We offer a reward and wellbeing package to enable your work to fit with your life. These can include, but not limited to, access to health, vision and dental insurance, flexible working schedule, paid time off policy, discretionary annual bonus program, long-term incentive program, and a generous 401K matching program. How much do we pay (Base)? $139,050 - 177,263
*Note that the pay range listed for this position is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible base compensation at the time of posting.
This vacancy has been posted internally in accordance with our Talent Acquisition Policy, which expects all employees to be in role for a minimum of 2 years before considering another position. If you have recently been placed in a new role as part of Reinvent, you will need to attach line manager approval to your application for any position.