We are seeking a highly-motivated, mechanically inclined Production Operator with a growth mindset who enjoys a dynamic, hands on, field-based work environment. You will be responsible for working in the Eagle Ford Basin with other teams to install new infrastructure (well, equipment, facilities), perform repairs, perform preventative maintenance on existing equipment, diagnose issues, conduct root cause failure analysis, pre and post job reviews, handle contractor work, collect data / validate conditions, and investigate customer/3rd party issues.
Key components of this role are supporting a manufacturing business mindset with periodic quality assurance or verifications of business processes including safety, understanding and driving non-desired outcomes (defects and variability) out of the operating model, and collaborating across teams to drive improvement into the business though fundamental changes in operating practices. The physical demands are frequent: standing, walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, and repetitive foot, leg, hand, arm, shoulder, and torso movements. In addition, there are periodic demands of: operating power equipment, sitting at desk, utilizing computers and phones and occasionally lifting or moving up to 50lbs.
Essential experience and job requirements:
- The FSS role is demanding and challenging and therefore requires an individual who has well developed interpersonal skills, and is capable of working within a broader team to deliver continuous improvement to Eagle Ford operations
- Responsible for exhibiting a strong safety culture through personal behaviors, standards, verifications & peer example
- Use a data-driven approach to optimize, modify, and deliver on Safety, Production, and Costs priorities across the business. Use data to look for trends, explain causes, and consider solutions to issues.
- Actively seek creative solutions & best practices from multiple sources - internal and external - and apply learnings to our business.
- Ensure delivery of the production / project component of the asset business plan
- Provide day to day execution of field and production activities
- Operate in compliance with mechanical integrity requirements, i.e. SCE (safety critical) inspections
- Serve as a member of the Operations Team and assume on-call responsibilities, as required
- Actively seek and share work practices to improve performance of the team and business
- Deliver business objectives in alignment with BP policies, procedures and expectations (CoW, OMS, IM, SPCC, WMS, EMS)
San Antonio area working Karnes City field area
- Authentically own and actively participate in enabling Safety & Environmental performance
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve
- Ability to learn from new ideas and apply solutions to add value
- Overcome obstacles with an intense desire to succeed
- Make value-based decisions involving measured risk to deliver business objectives
- Take responsibility and ownership of personal performance
- Share knowledge and work together for the good of the business
- Keep commitments, listen to others and authentically support change
- Drive transformation through a focus on effectiveness, improvement, and development
- Growth mindset: Proven ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
We offer a reward and wellbeing package to enable your work to fit with your life. These can include, but not limited to, access to health, vision and dental insurance, flexible working schedule, paid time off policy, discretionary annual bonus program, long-term incentive program, and a generous 401K matching program. How much do we pay (Base)? $78,000 - 114,000
*Note that the pay range listed for this position is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible base compensation at the time of posting.