BP recently acquired Thorntons, a top convenience retailer with ~200 sites in the Midwest. The Thorntons business is being consolidated with BP’s West Coast ampm network into a new Retail Operating Organization (ROO). The ROO is focused on growing BP’s convenience retail operations in the US, which is a key strategic pillar for BP. This role represents an opportunity to get in at the ground floor of this new, growth-oriented organization and will be deeply involved in synthesizing the heritage processes from both organizations into new coherent ways of managing the ROO.
About the Role
The ROO Cash Cost Analyst is responsible for the reporting and forecasting activity associated with the Thorntons business delivery. This role will work with budget owners to identify areas of variance to forecast and highlight opportunities to improve cash cost delivery.
The ROO is an organization that supports the operations of over 200 company owned and over 1,000 franchised convenience retail stores operating under the brands of Thorntons and ampm across the west coast, midwest, and northeast. We are seeking guest-centric leaders with a growth and strategic mindset to help us continue to build the leading convenience retail chain of the future.
The successful candidate will hold the following accountabilities
Essential Education and Experience
- Provide regular monthly cash cost reporting to budget owners and other stakeholders, highlighting progress vs. budgets and drivers of any variation to forecast
- Act as a point of consolidation for the various components of cash cost, and able to communicate the holistic ROO cash cost story.
- Present financial results and forecast information to ROO LT members and relevant business stakeholders
- Provide actionable insights on cost delivery, helping to inform where the business can intervene or make changes to drive improved cost delivery
- Design and implement cash cost reporting and planning processes for the ROO, considering the heritage ways of working both within BP and Thorntons, and utilizing the best components of the historical ways of working
- Deliver continuous improvement on cash cost reporting by identifying new ways to view the information using visualization tools (such as PowerBI) or different information that can be reviewed to help highlight cash cost performance.
Why join us!At bp, we support our people to grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. bp work/life is bp’s hybrid approach to the workplace, combining time in the office with time at home. Most office-based employees work a 60:40 ratio - 60% in the office and 40% working remotely. In addition, we offer a generous paid parental leave policy, excellent retirement benefits, and more!We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance or Accounting
- CPA, MBA or Chartered Accountant, preferred
- 10+ years of relevant finance and accounting experience
- Experience in retail and convenience, preferred
- Extensive experience with financial reporting and analysis
- Strong understanding of accounting and finance transactions
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience managing and balancing multiple stakeholder groups
- Problem solving skills, self-starter
- Continuous Improvement Mindset