bp’s intern program will provide you with an invaluable breadth of experience. The challenging role rotations will give you first-hand exposure to how our functional businesses support our supply and trading activities and will contribute to building your long-term career in the organization.
You can expect to develop a range of competencies and skills through on the job and classroom-based training. You will participate in a training plan that will ensure you develop your non-technical as well as technical skills. Importantly, leadership skills are focused on within your development as we are looking to build future leaders of the business. Professional qualifications are supported within Finance or Risk and there is the flexibility for you to influence what you study.
You can expect to undertake an internship within one of the following business areas:
Some of the wonderful things you’ll experience as a bp intern are:
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Commodity Risk
- Business Management Information (BMI)
- Operational Excellence
- Credit Risk
- Market Risk
- Commercial Development
Are you ready to ignite your potential with bp?At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to encouraging an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
- 12-week internship
- Competitive pay and retirement savings opportunities
- bp provided corporate housing with furnished apartments
- Relocation assistance (if eligible)
- Social events, lunch & learns and community service opportunities
- “Chat with a Leader” sessions
- Successful interns will be considered for a full-time role within our One Finance Program upon earning their degree. As a part of this program, you'll be able to build your experience through challenging development assignments, grow a toolkit of transferable skills for the future, and have a dedicated network of support to help you succeed.
Our summer internship program provides hands-on and career-specific experience working full-time. You will work on real projects that deliver tangible benefits and measurable results. Also, you will have the opportunity to learn about and help to solve some of the most important issues we face. You will experience genuine collaboration, and work alongside highly qualified and experienced colleagues, while you work on live projects and operations, using the latest equipment and technology. Our teams come from all kinds of different cultures and backgrounds – so a career at bp is always going to be exciting, substantial, and full of incredible opportunities.
Every year, we take interns studying a range of disciplines into our summer internship program, many of whom go on to join us full-time when they graduate.
- A cumulative and major GPA of 3.2 or higher
- bp will not support US Immigration sponsorship for intern, full-time or long-term employment
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute of higher learning
- Geographically mobile and willing to relocate to Houston, TX
- Graduating December 2023 through May 2024
- Must be available for continuous 12-week period for duration of internship
- Majoring in Economics, Finance, Math. We recognize that this is not an exclusive list but a demonstrated interest in the financial markets is key
- Working knowledge of excel, access and SharePoint
- Students should be in the 3rd year of a four-year degree program or in the 4th year of a five-year program. Interns join us during the summer prior to their intended graduation year.
- Internships are not available for students who have completed their degree or who will graduate prior to the conclusion of the internship