Grade HResponsible for supporting the business with accounting issues, using sound technical capabilities in controlling, performance reporting and integrated business planning, advising on policy and compliance and working independently and with relevant teams across the business to effectively deliver a range of finance activities to drive the delivery of outstanding results.
Role availability in Houston, TX
- Support the BU Operations and Development teams, including any finance ad hoc requests
- Coordinate and support the BU Business strategy and the development of the BU plan, including the long-term plan.
- Ensure decisions are value based and drive commercial acumen in the BU
- Provide accurate and timely BU performance management information – monthly and full year analysis, performance scorecards, monthly business review, etc.
- Provide variance commentary for actuals vs forecast and budget in a clear and concise narrative
- Prepare/coordinate monthly/quarterly accruals for capital, and operating costs as needed
- Actively work on continuous improvement of current and new processes as well as improved managerial reporting to support business decision making
- Proactively provide insight into the performance of the business
- Support Portfolio Management and Business Development activities
- Drive investment governance for the BU including economic evaluation, post appraisal activities, recommendations, and interventions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in Finance and Commercial roles with sound understanding of Upstream business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Engineering, Accounting, or Business Administration from an accredited university. MBA is a plus
- Strong Microsoft Office skills; intermediate/advance Excel skills
- ERP experience (SAP) is a plus
- Strong business acumen and data-driven decision-making capabilities
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly analyze large volumes of data, recognize trends, develop solutions to business issues and recommend preferred alternatives. Experience with data analytics and visualization tools (Spotfire, Power BI) is a plus
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to effectively interface, influence and build alignment with individuals, multi-discipline teams and all levels in the BU and Region
- Effective communication and people skills; ability to develop and use informal networks
- Knowledge of Aries software is a plus
We offer a reward and wellbeing package to enable your work to fit with your life. These can include, but not limited to, access to health, vision and dental insurance, flexible working schedule, paid time off policy, discretionary annual bonus program, long-term incentive program, and a generous 401K matching program. How much do we pay (Base)? $102,000-$170,000
*Note that the pay range listed for this position is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible base compensation at the time of posting.