Responsible for supporting senior leaders in a range of investment activities and projects, using developing technical capabilities to analyse and report on fund valuations and performance whilst also supporting the oversight function over key external stakeholders in order to maintain and improve reporting capabilities
Do you have an investment reporting, fund accounting or performance analyst background? This could be your next opportunity! If you are looking to expand your skillset into a broader view of the asset management industry then please read on to find out more.
BP Pension Trustees Limited exists to ensure the Fund is run accurately so as to protect and pay the pensions and related benefits which members have built up. This includes but is not limited to such functions as establishing investment strategy, appointing fund managers and oversight of those fund managers, ensuring benefits are paid, actuarial valuation and annual scheme accounts preparation.
BPPTL handles the BP Pension Fund (both growth and LDI assets). The Investment reporting team sits within the CFO team which also includes Financial reporting, private markets accounting and investment operations teams.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for stakeholder management. This includes the Senior Managers within Investment Strategy, Hedging, Responsible Investment, Senior multi-asset multi-manager (growth), Senior multi-asset multi manager (credit) along with external stakeholder management of 3rd party fund administrator and external fund managers.
- Lead on development and ongoing provision of a streamlined and robust end to end performance and valuation analysis and reporting service and recommend and implement changes to systems and processes whilst looking to add value in line with industry standard methodology
- Oversight and analysis of fund accounting and performance reporting
- Provision of informative MI to stakeholders to support decision making within the business
- Supporting the year end statutory accounting process, regulatory reporting and audits
- Ensure that queries received by the team are understood clearly and resolved to a high standard of quality
- Strive for improvement in content and process and support ad hoc projects.
- Be comfortable with handling change. The business constantly evolving both in terms of asset allocation and accounting/reporting solutions used.
- Prioritise multiple work demands, at times in a time-pressurised environment.
University degree or equivalent
We have the following requirements:
Prior experience working within the fund management industry within an investment reporting, fund accounting and/or performance analyst role
Ability to deliver with minimum supervision and act on your own initiative
Creative approach to problem solving
Proven business partnering skills via effective internal and external stakeholder relationship management
You will have experience with performance analysis and calculation methodologies and their impacts on performance reporting.
Good understanding of different asset classes (fixed income, equities and derivatives)
Able to challenge current processes and standards and to develop new standardised techniques or approaches to improve the efficiency of the processes
Highly numerate and strong attention to detail
Logical approach to solving complicated problems
Advanced/experienced Excel user
One or more of the following:
- Qualified or part qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Previous experience of handling 3rd party stakeholder relationships
- CFA qualified or part-qualified
- Other investment industry related qualifications or part qualifications relevant to valuations or performance
Any other relevant information:
This role is not a FCA Controlled Function although operates within an FCA regulated environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We look forward to hearing from you!