Responsible for coordinating activities of a team to support supply chain operations through the HSSE-assured, cost-optimized and competitive selection of supply sources to cover requirements, liaising with internal coordinators and third party supply partners to optimize the supply schedule and assist efforts to ensure sufficient supply of goods and products.
About The Role:
The Finished Goods Supply Planner is the single point of accountability to drive service and inventory health for the assigned portfolio of SKUs – across all network assets / locations!
- Drive channel specific inventory health at forward facing DC locations via key adherence metrics, with intent to improve IFOT with lowest possible level of inventory
- Collaborate closely with production planners (SNP/DRP) to ensure priorities are clear, product life cycle plans are reflected, and any future supply disruption is visible and communicated
- Ensure the daily review of alerts on channel specific inventory/SKUs (and assigned shared items) and take corrective actions / addressing root cause; provide formal weekly supply status updates to partners on all supply shortage alerts.
- Manage the demand inputs into supply plan from the business demand leads to ensure that: a) The sales forecasts in APO are robust and reflect the latest demand plans of the business; b) the impacts and feasibility of any demand vulnerability and/or opportunities are fully evaluated and communicated; and c) demand control processes are in place and effective.
- Participate in project meetings and supply information and inputs related to FG planning. Work with the FG planners on transitional planning activities.
- Manage warehouse ABCD classifications and packed goods safety stocks
- Own and manage the exit plans for SLOBS and excess stocks for assigned SKU portfolio
- Own/support IUS and import / export issues as required for the channel
- Proactively identify future business risks and driving solutions to minimize risk.
- Participate on Incident Management Teams (IMT) and other crisis forums to handle crisis and continuity of supply disruptions through to resolution.
- BS degree, preferably in business administration, supply chain, or logistics;
- Desired – APICS or CSCMP certification
- must have experience in demand planning, supply planning; manufacturing, and/or logistics/warehousing
- Demonstrated experience with problem identification, data analysis, and process improvement
- Demonstrated experience working with and/or leading cross-functional supply chain partners; JDE, SAP or similar ERP system knowledge
- Knowledge of ERP planning (DRP, MPS, MRP, SFC, BOM, Master Data, etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and basic knowledge of Microsoft Access; high level of organization skills
- Ability to influence up and down, and engage others
- Attention to detail; Clear speaker and communicator; Self-starter; able to kick off improvement projects and manage within a cross functional team.
Considering Joining bp/Castrol?
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. bp is committed to encouraging an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly. There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, excellent retirement benefits, and more!