At bp and Castrol we’re leading the way in reducing carbon emissions and developing more sustainable methods for solving the energy challenge. Our Castrol arm, a consumer packager goods (CPG) company, builds high value lubricant products in many industries. It is an exciting time to be on the Castrol and bp team as we re-invent ourselves to provide high quality packaged goods while reducing environmental impact.
We’re a team with varied strengths of engineers, scientists, traders and business professionals determined to find answers to problems. But we know we can’t do it alone. We’re looking for people who share our passion for reinvention to bring a fresh opinion, ambition, and to challenge our thinking in our goal to achieve net zero!
The person in this role will be the single point of accountability to drive service and inventory health for the assigned portfolio of SKUs – across all network assets / locations within the Castrol, consumer package goods (CPG) Business.
- Drive channel specific inventory health at forward facing Distribution Center locations via key adherence metrics, with intent to improve IFOT (In Full On Time) with the lowest possible level of inventory
- Collaborate closely with production planners (SNP/DRP Supply Networking Planning and Distribution Requirements Planning) to ensure priorities are clear, product life cycle plans are reflected, and any future supply disruption is visible and communicated
- Ensure the daily review of alerts on SKUs, assigned shared items, and take corrective actions
- Perform root cause analysis; provide formal weekly supply status updates to collaborators on all supply shortage alerts.
- Manage the demand inputs into supply plan from the business demand leads to ensure that:
- a) The sales forecasts in APO/SAP are robust and reflect the latest demand plans of the business
- b) the impacts and feasibility of any demand vulnerability and/or opportunities are fully evaluated and communicated
- c) demand control processes are in place and effective.
- Handle warehouse ABCD classifications and packed goods safety stocks
- Own and manage the exit plans for SLOBS (Unperforming/Non Performing Inventory) and excess stocks for assigned SKU portfolio
- Support IUS (Inner Unit/Company Supply) and import / export issues as required for the channel
- Proactively identify future business risks and driving solutions to minimize risk.
- Participate on Incident Management Teams (IMT) and other crisis forums to manage crisis and continuity of supply disruptions through to resolution.
- Advise, Perform, and Agree trade off decisions between service, costs and Country Leadership Team financial targets within agreed DoA
BS degree, preferably in business administration, supply chain, or logistics; Desired – APICS or CSCMP certification; must have experience in demand planning, manufacturing, and/or logistics/warehousing
Equivalent experience acceptable
- Must have demonstrated ability, with 4 years of supply planning experience, including at least 1 year supporting multiple plants
- Experience with crafting demand-driven, integrated Master Plans, Material Requirement Plans and Rough-Cut Capacity Plans
Skills and Proficiencies
- Demonstrated experience with problem identification, data analysis, and process improvement
- Demonstrated experience working with and/or leading cross-functional supply chain partners
- JDE, SAP or similar ERP system knowledge; knowledge of ERP planning (DRP, MPS, MRP, SFC, BOM, MasterData, etc.)
- Intermediate to sophisticated knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access
- High level of organization skills; ability to influence up and down, and engage others; attention to detail
- Clear speaker and communicator; Self-starter; able to kick off improvement projects and manage within a cross functional team.
Considering Joining bp?
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. bp is committed to encouraging an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly. There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, excellent retirement benefits, and more!