Fixed Assets Accountant
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are owning the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our extraordinary team?In this role you will:
Join our Team and advance your career as a Fixed Assets Accountant!
We have the following requirements:
- Ensure timely and accurate Fixed Asset Accounting
- Ensure full reconciliations from ledgers to statutory accounts and corporate reporting
- Timely response to queries raised on accounts and other analyses
- Reporting and control activities to assure compliance with relevant laws and regulations in the country supported
- Support of timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial close processes in accordance with the Group Reporting Manual and any other relevant standards and provide support for other Group reporting requirements such as Balance Sheet Integrity, Intercompany reconciliations and Group Charges
- Ensure accurate accounting treatment
- Period end close (monthly, quarterly, year-end) - transfer of assets under construction to addition to fixed assets
- Verification and handling of adjusting entries and transfers for capital expenditures
- Screen and review inferior assets, preparation and booking of transfer posting documents.
- Process depreciation in terms of local GAAP and IFRS with appropriate sense check and analyze upcoming deviations.
- Ensure that all asset movements are aligned with BP Policy & Authorities (Group Reporting Manual), local GAAP and IFRS.
- Ensure compliance with „Component Accounting".
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Proficient in English
- Portuguese language knowledge is an advantage
- Fully qualified accountant, at least 2 years’ experience in related Finance area.
- Local GAAP and IFRS skills.
- Good level of analytical skills, numeracy and financial awareness
- Customer- and service-oriented thinking,
- Readiness for action and ability to work under pressure,
- Strong communication and cooperation skills
- Self-confident appearance in relations to the internal and outside world
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and teamwork spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement