Responsible for managing and coordinating the activities of territories/sites to drive growth, volume and margin targets in retail operations, maximising overall productivity, and managing business issues, building customer relationships and ensuring compliance with the relevant HSSE and operating standards.
About the Role:
The Franchise Business Advisor (FBA) role provides convenience retail consultation to ARCO ampm Franchisees and ARCO Dealers in an assigned geographic area, in and around the San Jose area, including advising and assisting with Merchandising, Business/Financial, and Operational Performance to improve total site profitability! The Franchise Business Advisor is a key role for the delivery of the ampm Franchise offer through a well-defined business consulting relationship centered on the best retail business practices and serves as the go-to person for all marketing field support. The FBA is a front line salesperson that through strong salesmanship and influencing skills gets franchisee agreement and execution of existing and new programs. This role also provides expertise to the Franchisees and Dealers regarding selling ARCO fuel. This consulting is done with face to face visits at each of the ARCO and ARCO ampm convenience stores and the expectation is role will be in their markets 80% of their time.
- Act as a single point of contact for marketing field support; own Franchisees relationship; manage customer demands; mentor, influence and negotiate with Franchisees to achieve desired outcome for the business and Franchisee
- Provide business consulting on convenience retail solutions to the Franchisee to improve growth and profitability: understand and mentor on business gaps and improvement plans; ensure Franchisees understand and deliver against contractual responsibilities; responsible for all aspects of Franchise food service and safety
- Provide Franchisees with upfront support for opening new ampm stores by liaising with service providers, helping establish contacts with vendors, recommended layouts, planograms, prices, establishing book-keeping and supporting the training of employees
- Evaluate and consult on Category Management & General Merchandising practices and execution to provide for a consistent and improved customer experience leading to top and bottom line growth
- Influence Franchisees to improve profitability through gasoline profit boosters, company promotions, and marketing concepts
- Ensure Franchisees develop and implement a competitive pricing strategy that increases profitability and market share, certify every decision is viewed through the lens of the customer and the Franchise agreement
- Influence and negotiate with Franchisees to achieve positive outcomes by understanding key motivational drives of Franchisees and changing business needs
Considering Joining bp?
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum 5 years relevant business experience in marketing, retail, and/or sales.
- Excellent sales, influencing and oral communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills, with proven ability to lead, mentor, develop and empower to deliver outstanding performance.
- Resourceful application of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
- Sound business planning and financial understanding with the proven track record of interpreting and analyzing financial information from performance reports and financial statements.
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. bp is committed to encouraging an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly. There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, excellent retirement benefits, and more!