Could you see yourself leading the low carbon skills area for hydrogen or offshore wind? This role is the product owner for the area, engaging with the business to create and deliver learning solutions, tools, systems, and processes and measure their impact.
It is a new role and would involve consistently partnering with others globally to shape the curricula to meet current and changing needs of bp’s strategic partnerships. The role would involve influencing the low carbon skills environment externally, potentially working with partners, government and industry groups to generate a skills framework/pathways.
Low carbon is a new skills area for bp and has the advantage of not having longstanding legacy processes and learning catalogues. There is a lot of strategic importance for bp in building low carbon capability. We need for great people who can respond, predict and partner to create what the future will look like in this space.
We are a newly formed team, based in different locations and dedicated to making a difference through building capability. We are seeking an individual who is equally passionate about bp’s strategy and values AND has who possesses the skills to build capability through learning.
- Leads the performance consulting process to understand the strategic needs of our people and business strategy. Partners internally with business and P&C teams to deliver on current and future skills interventions. Participates in partnerships across industry, government and community groups.
- Leads the skills taxonomy and definitions for the subject area (local and global) with input from taxonomy specialists internal and external to bp.
- Owns the curation, design and maintenance of learning offers (global and local) in partnership with the shared hub and wider business. Integrates with the wider learning organization to add new value.
- Engages the entities to identify and foster relationships with specialists required on agile teams to produce the learning solutions.
- Acts as the product owner in the agile design process to deliver solutions that solve business problems. Also participates as a squad member for more complex agile projects.
- Leads the design of impact measurement approaches and shares results.
Here's what we are looking for:
Business relevant Honours degree preferably degree in Human Resource Development, Business Administration or another related field.
Experience in addressing both employee & business/function capability needs and creating and managing learning solutions related to low carbon skills cluster to realise them in the specific business context.
Significant experience in strategic talent development. Excellent performance consulting, relationship management and communication skills. Focus on delivering pragmatic learning solutions in response to business challenges are essential. Clearly link value to business results, experience of organisational change management and working in a matrixed organisation. Active partnering with other Cluster Managers and the Learning Managers to ensure alignment, standardization where applicable and quick identification of common needs across the entities.
Experience solution scoping and prototyping; multi-modal delivery (Instructor-led Training, Virtual Instructor-led Training); collection, analysis, and synthesis of data.
It would be helpful but not essential to have:
Advanced/Master’s degree relevant to the business, digital skills & experience working with agile mindset and methodologies, innovation in capability development, risk management.
If you think you have the right skills set and are excited to be part of a team of diverse and forward-thinking team, apply today!
At bp, we provide great environment & benefits such as an inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, learning and development opportunities, life & health insurance, medical care package, and many others benefits!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.