GBS Australia and NZ is a provider of a broad range of integrated customer solutions, supporting BP's operations across Australia and New Zealand. Supporting both BP and Castrol brands, our services include accounting and banking operations, logistics/scheduling operations, customer service and sales, credit management, financial reporting and HR Services. GBS ANZ has positioned itself as the true leader in a highly competitive shared services landscape.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Team Leader to be responsible for leading, supporting and developing a team of office-based telephone Sales Executives in both inbound and outbound sales and account management.
Selling a number of reputable BP products (including BP+ Card (AUS) BP Fuelcard (NZ), fuels and Castrol Automotive and Industrial Lubricants), you will be tasked with driving team performance to ensure targets are achieved and play an effective commercial management role as part of the Customer Fuels & Lubricants Leadership team. This is a hands-on role and will require the successful candidate to perform their own sales activity, leading by example and inspiring the team.
The ideal candidate will be a Sales hunter, having previous experience in a Telesales Manager role with a track record of leading a team to deliver on targets within a call centre / telesales office environment. Experience of working with a B2B product would be an advantage but is not essential.
Sales Team Leader Main Tasks;
- Development and growth of new business as well as growing existing Customer base
- Prospecting and canvassing for new business and leading from the front by ensuring a high level of your own telesales activity and achieving personal sales targets
- Provide clear objectives for employees in terms of daily activity, weekly, monthly and annual goals and give feedback to ensure that individuals are meeting their targets
- Product Owner managing the Card online application form (OAF) automations together with the Onboarding SME and welcome pack process for all new BP card customers
- Development of strategic plans for the sales retention and growth of existing account portfolios, grow market share in line with performance expectations.
- Monitor staff performance through appraisals, performance reviews, setting personal development plans in order to develop staff and maximise talent potential. Identify staff development and training needs and address them
- Develop the culture of ‘team working’ to ensure smooth operations, consistency and process improvements where possible, driving collaboration across the business
- Maintaining and updating a database on clients/prospective clients
- Run weekly phone stats, KPI’s and review performance against measures
- Monitor open enquiry levels, ensure enquiries are being closed off correctly
- Develop / lead best in class reporting
- Deal with customer enquiries and grievances that require escalation
Experience and Personal Characteristics;
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced, customer focused Telesales Manager, with experience of recruiting, training and motivating an Internal Sales / Telesales team
- Proven experience in exceeding targets and Salesforce proficiency required
- Has proven experience and ability to work effectively with internal and/or external customers.
- Customer focused with experience in Telesales
- Self-motivated with strong decision-making skills
- Skilled in leading with initiative and inspiration. Able to show leadership qualities and characteristics with a tenacity to succeed
- Ability to develop an effective team environment encouraging development and progression
About the benefits
- Competitive salary and generous bonus
- Discount on fuel for you and a family member
- Opportunity to be part of one of the largest Shared Services function in Australia
- Flexible working from home arrangements