Responsible for co-ordinating sales activities for strategically important Key Accounts, delivering the strategic plan to meet the business' growth aspirations and supporting the development of key account sales strategies to maximise profitability and sales opportunities. The scope of the role will influence the grade – this can include financial accountability, geographical scope, leadership responsibilities and overall level of responsibility.
Summary of Role
- Responsible for supporting the team to improve profitability and sales opportunities by leading and developing business relationships for sales direct/B2B, building on existing relationships and crafting new business opportunities.
- The AM is supported by a strong cross-functional customer accounts team, digital tools & platforms and the in-region Sales Operations Executive allowing the AM to focus on customer facing activities
- Supports a profitable portfolio of existing accounts, encouraging Castrol’s Value Selling principles and the Smart-Gains framework to develop existing relationships with customers and deliver profitable growth via new customer acquisitions
- Participates in the development of B2B business strategy, and regularly reviews the direct sales risk pipeline to improve team profitability, assisting the team to maximise their effective time in attracting and retaining business
- Conducts sales activities such as volume and margin analysis, supporting tender activity, resolving customer operational issues and monitoring pricing performance integrity to enhance customer perception of value
- Drives new offers, building a deep understanding of the market, and actively supports prospecting activities, developing a pipeline of opportunities through more detailed customer analysis
- Supports the implementation of the GME in-year programmes and priorities
- Clearly articulates product and services offers in a way that demonstrates distinctiveness and can translate this differentiation into customer value substantiated by customers’ willingness to pay a premium
- Prioritises resources and activities to enable effective strategy execution and growth within existing customer accounts through acquiring new vessels/ assets and upselling/ cross selling
- With support from Sales Operations Executive, develops and regularly updates monthly detailed customer events, opportunities & vulnerabilities for the area business review which drives the LBM (Lubricants Business management) forecast generation
- Spends at least 60% of time in front of customers and is able to navigate conversations across a diverse contact map at all levels and through all functions of the customer to build strong relationships that build trust, generate powerful insights and enable business growth
- Builds a robust plan to underpin each customer volume/ turnover delivery and identifies areas to exploit further organic growth
- Leads virtual customer account teams to meet customer needs drawing support from Customer Operations, GBS, and Technical Support teams including a clear delegation of responsible
Job Holder Requirements
- Minimum Graduate or tertiary business qualification with equivalent experience
- Understanding of shipping, oil & gas market and global dynamics, trends, regulatory environment desirable
- B2B sales management experience with a track record of delivery of sales targets and performance
Skills & Proficiencies
- Ability to develop, maintain and build new relationships with customers, OEMs and Industry bodies.
- Ability to present persuasive offers to senior level management within the customer’s business
- Ability to utilise resources and own networks to achieve goals and objectives
- Ability to work across functions and gain support for the businesses in the channel
- Comfortable with using digital tools and applications to support the selling process and enhancing customer experience.
- Ability to develop and implement strategic and tactical business plans to meet and set exciting personal and team targets, schedules and deadlines through constructive prioritisation and time management