Responsible for supporting the team to maximise profitability and sales opportunities by managing and developing strategic business relationships for sales direct/B2B in a defined geographic area, building on existing relationships and creating new business opportunities. The scope of the role will influence the grade – this can include financial accountability, geographical scope, leadership responsibilities and overall level of responsibility.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating sales support and customer operations within the assigned area of responsibility within the direct channels, improving sales force effectiveness and efficiency, enabling an efficient interface between sales, sales & customer operations, technical services and the customer, sharing best practice amongst sales professionals and highlighting improvement opportunities to optimise sales performance.
- The role plays a pivotal part in building and maintaining excellent and effective business relationships between the customers and the organisation through the effective delivery of our processes, contracted offers and commitments.
- Assists with customer segment and market sector strategy development, supporting leadership with evaluation of customer-related value creation opportunities.
- Assess attractiveness and fit of existing customers, prospects and opportunities with market objectives. Share and hand over information/leads to sales for implementation/actioning.
- Support the bottom-up sales forecasting process working closely with regional demand control and account managers.
- Drive the sales team to update, adjust and priorities entries within the prospecting pipeline register through transparency and reporting of prospecting KPIs helping AMs achieve sales and prospecting goals in-line with the are sales and prospecting conversion targets as set in Lubricants Business Management (LBM) process.
- Review state of account plans ensuring that plans are in place and up-to-date. Support AMs by making visible performance vs these plans to ensure proactive measures and appropriate resource allocation.
- Coordinate between sales team and Global Business Services (GBS) team for customer / vessel on-boarding and changes.
- Be the custodian of the customer contracting process to new contracts as well as review and tracking of existing contracts. Support the sales team by providing fully prepared contracts to support customer conversations.
- Prepare product and services offers to customers in cooperation with Account Managers, Technical Services and Pricing to ensure that offers made are aligned with the offer strategy and that any exceptional offers are fully engaged with and supported through the exceptions management process to secure product availability and timely set-up.
- Meeting with AMs customers, prospects; covering for AMs' during periods of leave.
- University degree OR equivalent desirable
Skills & Competencies
- At least 4 years of Commercials experience (in Sales/Sales support roles)
- Experience in shipping industry would be a plus but not mandatory
- Ability to understand the customer needs (potentially in different marketplaces)
- High analytical skills
- Ability to build relationships and networks at all internal levels and externally
- Ability to understand international trends and markets
- Process improvement – Skillful application
- Excellent proficiency in English - speaking, reading and writing