We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are owning the way in making energy cleaner and better–and how you can play your part in our extraordinary team?Join our GME Team and advance your career as Technical Service Engineer !
In this role you will :
We have the following requirements:
- To plan, organize and deliver a differentiated level of technical service to customers and target prospects consistent with the GME technical offer and in support of sector strategies. Coordinates the activities of a technical services team, under the guidance of the Regional/Area Technical Services Manager, in order to effectively deliver a differentiated level of technical service to GME. Supports the technical and sales teams on SmattGains methodology and measurement. Consultant to Castrol’s high value customers as the one stop shop for their complex lubricant questions and applications needs. Providing SmartGains insights and opportunities from Used oil analysis results. Skillful knowledge of the relevant Technical services offers within the TSE’s remit of Marine or Energy, and aligned with any specialization in the areas of New builds, SP&D & Subsea, or any combination of those as defined by the Regional Technical Services Manager.
- Prepare and maintain up to date a Schedule of recommended lubricants for customer assets using available online tools (GST) in order to establish optimized machinery lubricant portfolio. Make appropriate recommendations regarding the use of products in Shipping or Oil & Gas applications aligned with Marine and Energy Technical Databases. Ensure that all product and service offers are appropriate for the application.
- Responding to customers’ (and sales/customer service) technical queries on product, application, operational conditions and ensure customer satisfaction. Provide support for technical claims and complaints. .
- Establish and maintain strong technical relationships with customers, key regional OEMs, and stakeholders within the wider BP group (BP Exploration & Production, Shipping) and the Lubricants organization.
- Clearly demonstrate the differentiated value of the GME offer (products and services) to customers and target prospects through the SmartGains framework.
- Coordinating and conducting visit within HSSE guidelines and after appropriate training to ships, offshore assets, and yards for inspection, lubrication surveys, change-over visits etc.
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Degree/Diploma/ in Marine/Mechanical Engineering, machinery maintenance, plant & asset reliability or adjacent field with relevant experience.
- A minimum of 3 years offshore industry experience or a minimum 3 years of sailing experience as a Class 2 Engineer and above or minimum of 3 years Marine, Oil & Gas industry or Power gen industry engineering experience including both equipment maintenance and reliability experience.
- Theoretical and practical experience of the main rotating machinery as operated by offshore companies.
- Ability to develop, maintain and build new relationships with customers, OEMs and Industry bodies
- Leverages resources and own networks to achieve goals and objectives
- Understanding of shipping, oil & gas market and global dynamics, trends, regulatory environment desirable
- Proven abilities of dealing with and influencing multiple internal and external stakeholders both within and outside the organization is essential for success in this role
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement