Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Team and advance your career as a GSC Marine Category Manager.In this role You will:
We have the following requirements:
- Develop global category sourcing strategies and plans aligned to the needs of the business, identifying opportunities to create business value
- Build and maintain strong market / supplier knowledge and insight on all sub categories of spend that sit within the spend category, becoming a source of expert knowledge
- Lead the delivery of / undertake the strategic sourcing process to realise defined category management strategies
- Developing jointly-agreed performance measurement criteria / frameworks with suppliers in order to continuously monitor and improve supplier performance, ensuring these are embedded within contracts
- Perform / co-ordinate / oversee supplier performance management activities, including the collation of performance data, running supplier performance reviews and driving continuous improvement / performance improvement as required with other business stakeholders.
- Engage and work collaboratively with business stakeholders on a global basis to enable the effective development and delivery of category sourcing strategies and plans
- Deal with escalated sourcing matters promptly and effectively.
- Operate at all times in a manner that maintains client satisfaction with the function
- Be responsible for the development, performance management and career guidance of all direct reports within the team
- Set goals and objectives, define KPIs and manage and develop direct reports to achieve high performance
- Act as escalation point for direct reports and resolve issues appropriately
- Procurement professional with good experience of procurement sourcing and contracting and the delivery of a broad range of business benefits (cost cash, innovation, service, compliance)
- Experience in using advanced sourcing methodologies and tools including e-sourcing
- Experience of negotiating and dealing with global companies / suppliers and running supplier focused innovation and performance improvement programmes
- The ability to form good relationships with people at all levels and from a variety of backgrounds
- Experience of direct line management ; skilled in managing teams/ personnel across a geographically dispersed team
- The ability to network globally and cross operate effectively globally within a matrix structure
- Fluent in English
- Degree in relevant field required
- The job requires a flexible and creative individual who is able to motivate and manage the stakeholder network, to achieve the agreed objectives