BP is seeking an experienced project engineering manager lead the JV project engineering team, be responsible as interface dealing with EPC from end to end , manage MOC, support on commissioning and startup of the new plant. The Role report to project delivery manager and worked as SPA of Project Engineering team, daily Worked with stakeholder includes the different function from internal organization and subcontractor, 3rd party etc, (EPC contractor will be the main contractor to facing), following different phase, leads the discipline engineer worked in engineering office and site The role is responsible for engineering management of the project, assume responsibility for functionality, cost and schedule; coordination and monitoring engineering work between all involved disciplines and all involved contractors and represent Owner interests towards contractors, vendors, authorities. Responsible for managing a team accountable for delivering a comprehensive schedule control system, including day-to-day planning activities, performance management and reporting, and the integration of schedules from internal and third party sources using advanced technical and analytical capabilities to support standardization and conformance with BP Planning, Scheduling and Project Coordination procedures.
The purpose of the role is to provide engineering assurance for BP during the Frontier project (include design, construction and commissioning phases). This position represents BP’s engineering requirements and works to manage the development of the design to those specifications.
The role is responsible for working with Frontier project team to ensure design completion through the preliminary, detailed and field design (construction) phases of the project. The role will also be the single point of contact for BP’s engineering expertise from design contractors, technology vendors and constructors, reviewing and answering technical queries. Additionally, the role holder must be sufficiently experienced to implement process safety resolutions to mitigate and reduce operations risk while providing informed engineering support to adhere to BP’s policy of “Management of No Change” during execution.
The role is responsible for reviewing, recommending the approval of design from contractors. The role must therefore work with the regional engineering manager and lubricants engineering authority to ensure that the design meets BP’s minimum standards and will function as engineered. Have experience as a mechanical, civil or E&I engineer. Experience as a fabricator or field engineering role for a quality assurance perspective is desirable. Essential experience required for the position is as follows:
- Rich mechanical, civil or E&I engineering principles
- Familiar with BP’s engineering requirements from S&OR and BP’s GDPs
- Expert in the engineering process from design through detailed engineering to commissioning phase
- Working experience with EPCM contracting models and fluent in the language of design and construction contracts
- Familiar with CVP and Pcp gated processes and BP’s policy of Management of no change
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Lead Engineering team to understand the business needs and transfer to the engineering solution for project. Managed the expectation of end user and Statement of requirements
- Following the boundary of basis of design, align with detail stakeholder’s requirements and EPC contractor work execution.
- Provides assurance and governance across the project engineering delivery and lead engineering team serves as the SME for engineering
- Support for managing, forecasting and tracking all project capital expenditure
- Applies all applicable BP, SPU and local engineering policies, practices and standards during execution of projects and engineering outcomes
- Accountable for Inherently design safety, delivery of project objectives in safe
- Resource management for engineering team, plan, forecasting, adjust the engineering resource following different engineering stage
- Support the project team to develop the WBS (Work Breakdown Structure), procurement and contracting strategy, and the project timeline etc Manage and responsible for the engineering progress.
- Manages the human relations part of project teams including understanding the phases of development that new teams go through and using leadership styles appropriate to the phase
- Participates in Engineering lessons learn or study for enable the knowledge professional in engineering execution
- Leads or participates in peer reviews/assists within the envelope as assigned as Engineering Manager for Frontier
- Provide direction to, coach and performance-manages contract and external engineering resource
- Proactively communicate risks and opportunities regarding cost, schedule, quality, HSSE concerns and solutions to BP Frontier team
The Role has specific task for work with EPC contactor:
- Plan and Agree base line of project engineering with EPC contractor
- Monitor Engineering progress, push for mitigation for engineering progress delay
- Quality assurance for EPC’s design deliverable, Agree the engineering quality management plan, follow up the quality plan execute , endorse the deliverables of the DED by EPC LDI; ensure the development of high-quality engineering deliverables by implementation & conformance of the agreed scope, quality and HSSE requirement; ensure the minimum BP technical requirement, lesson and learning being integrated in DED;
- Support for EPC’s engineering related permitting work
- Draft ITB for EPC bidding book, engineering part. Responsible on prequalification, technical evaluation and selection of competent EPC /Core Equipment Contractor for the project
- Lead the development of project budget for engineering with EPC contractor, monitor and report engineering performance against baseline
- Monitor progress and approve the deliverables of the DED by EPC LDI; ensure the development of high-quality engineering deliverables by implementation & conformance of the agreed scope, quality and HSSE requirement; ensure the minimum BP technical requirement, lesson and learning being integrated in DED;
- Interface with EPC for DED, participate in clarification, 30%, 60%, 90% design review and 3D model review with support from DFM and BP experts
- Setup project document control and communication procedure; coaching the JV document control to properly deliver the work
- Lead the quotation technical clarification with core equipment suppliers; review, comment, approve vendor and supplier shop drawings with EPC LDI
- Involve in project key coordination/construction/permitting meetings as owner’s engineering rep.
- EPC contractor change orders control from engineering
- Manage the EPC and engineering team for As-built drawing; accountable for ensuring the relevant Engineering Documentation are completed and handed over to Operations in a timely manner.
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering, Chemical Machinery, Petrochemical
- Project Management Professional, PMI
- >10 years in Chemical industry, ideally in 2 lubricant plant projects with function in design, project control, construction with $50m CAPEX
- Experience in international/local engineering design systems and procedures;
- Solid understanding of Chinese Engineering standard and code
- Familiar with CAD, MS Project; Experience in 3D BIM application;
- ITB document preparation & TBE / clarification activities
- Market knowledge of major discipline goods price / unit rate
- Ability to collaborate with local design institute to evaluate, identify and solve constructability issues
- Analytical in approach when evaluating construction progress or obstacles and provide solutions to stay on schedule and minimize cost impacts
- People management experience
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to communicate project status concisely
- Effective and efficient in a complex joint-venture environment
- Required decision making skills
- Spot check process engineering deliverables, Spot Check on process design data for equipment, safety devices according to functional and process requirements.
- Legal/licensing/contract laws
- BP project common practice and MOC knowledge a plus；
- QS experience a plus