Purpose of role:
The GA&R Analyst is accountable for ensuring accurate and timely recording and payment of all third party supplier invoices, ledger entries, journal postings, fixed asset postings etc. while ensuring adherence to policies and procedures in the drive for exceptional customer service, operational excellence and compliance.
Note: Japanese language proficiencies is required to support the business in Japan.
Key Results/ Accountabilities:
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of payables services (i.e. invoice/ payment processing, report preparation, etc.) in accordance with SLAs.
- Ensure prompt and accurate recording of financial transactions (e.g. ledger entries, journal postings, fixed asset postings etc.) in line with relevant requirements, policies and procedures.
- Manage the reconciliation of the relevant systems to ensure they balance and that any discrepancies or variations are investigated and corrected.
- Ensure full compliance with the Financial Reporting Standard and submit reports on a timely and accurate basis to the relevant team.
- Provide payables related advice and information to staff across the GBS and its customers as and when required.
- Implement best practices for the payables and general ledger process and proactively identify, propose and implement continuous improvement opportunities in existing processes within the team.
- Regularly track and resolve outstanding issues that have been escalated, or further escalate to the necessary parties.
- Work with various stakeholders to ensure that all critical vendors’ invoices and payments are recorded correctly.
- High level of familiarity with the systems used in order to maintain and reconcile the relevant system to ensure it balances correctly.
- There is a high financial and reputational risk involved in prompt and accurate payments processing. Payments have to be reviewed thoroughly to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Invoices need to be processed and verified in an accurate and timely manner within tight deadlines.
- Ensure 100% accuracy and timeliness of financial transaction recording in accordance to agreed service levels.
- Liaising with vendors and colleagues in different time zones and potentially in different languages requiring rigorous coordination between teams.
This position’s primary interfaces are:Internal
GBS Asia Teams
GBS Asia Customers
GBS Asia Business Partners
Global Project TeamsExternal
Outsourced Service Providers (OSPs)Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Diploma holder who is currently pursuing professional qualifications (e.g. ACCA, CPA, CIMA) or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 - 4 years of experience in general accounting and/ or accounts payable operations.
- Ability to read, write and speak in Japanese language is mandatory.
- Shared service centre experience is an advantage.
- Value Expertise : Apply business rigour and judgement: Demonstrates a clear understanding of how value is created for the business and continually applies this to generate practical sources of value for BP.
- Energise People : Foster effective teamwork and collaboration: Facilitates effective teamwork and builds collaborative relationships internally and externally.
- Act Decisively : Set clear direction, priorities and boundaries: Moves themselves and others to effective action through clear business objectives and a good understanding of the context and strategic direction of the business.
- Deliver Results : Manage risk and drive safe, reliable and efficient operations: Proactively manages risks and insists on sustained operational excellence.